Rugby World Cup 2019

Eddy Gordo

I also don't mind the Haka. People buy tickets to the game to be entertained. It is part of the entertainment and barely last 2 minutes. I know my son of 10 for one always come running to watch the Haka.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerome Garces to ref the final. On a positive note, the last game of ours he reffed, we won.

I thought he did a good job. Something he does well in my opinion is knowing when to blow for a penalty and not let advantage run for ever. People often applaud a ref for playing advantage, but there should be a limit. When a team is chasing a game and a ref gives 4 minutes advantage before blowing the whistle and taking them back, those 4 minutes are not added back to the clock.  

it should be restricted to their home games in the same way our spear wielding Zulu warriors are.

yaaa please bring that zulu warriors to every game, after their act at a slippery newlands  :lol:​ 

With England in the final, it would never happen, even if he was the best performing ref.

Yep, was fairly obvious why he wasn't considered, I am still happy about it ;)

it should be restricted to their home games in the same way our spear wielding Zulu warriors are.

100 year old tradition vs something thats not really a tradition.

Yes I know it was done before and many girls cried about it, I was referring to this World Cup.

100 year old tradition vs something thats not really a tradition.

Yes I know it was done before and many girls cried about it, I was referring to this World Cup.

Edited by forkie

Haka, always enjoyed it. Of late it has been pretty mild, not enough old ugly scarred buggers and facial tattoos in the modern squad.

Damn, what a pity we won’t see it on Saturday ????

One thing I do find disappointing is the standard of the national anthems, they should imo have had a proper singer for each anthem instead of just music and the crowd singing

Haka, always enjoyed it. Of late it has been pretty mild, not enough old ugly scarred buggers and facial tattoos in the modern squad.

Damn, what a pity we won’t see it on Saturday

One thing I do find disappointing is the standard of the national anthems, they should imo have had a proper singer for each anthem instead of just music and the crowd singing

Had a chat with someone within the SA music industry recently, who told me that all those nice renditions of the SA National anthem at local Springbok games are pre-recorded and the artist is just lip-syncing to the recording, this has been the status for at least a bunch of years now. This followed from the obvious stuff-ups by Ras Dumisani and others. Which begs the question, why bother having the artist there if it isn't even a live rendition.

Kurt stuffed it up at the Varsity Cup final in April this year when he tried to do it Live...

Don't know whether it is also SA Rugby policy when we play oversees though...

Cute  :whistling:

Sorry.  i misread your comment and replied with some sarcasm. then realised  misread and deleted the post. 

i dont want to upset my favourite little boy too much...

"He’s a fabulous player, well watched by a lot of fans because every time he touches the ball, he’s exciting. You can’t afford to change too much, we won’t be focusing on making a lot of changes because of his presence, but we are definitely aware of his strengths."

- England's defence coach John Mitchell ponders the dangers posed by South Africa winger Cheslin Kolbe.

Damn, what a pity we won’t see it on Saturday

I saw a thing on twitter when the rwc first started, not sure how true it is, that they deliberately didn't have singers. They wanted the locals with tickets to the games to learn one of the anthems and sing them.