HowardSteele

Bitten on the bike  

207 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you hubbers have been bitten or stung by one of the following critters

• Bee
    • wasp
    • Blind-fly
    • Bee-fly
    • Mozzie
    • Tick
    • Spider
    • Scorpion
    • Snake
    • Dog
    • Other..please leave a account in the comments.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Things don't bite me, I bite them  :ph34r: Well, I did bite a dog once! :blush:

You related to Constable Else from Piemburg perhaps :whistling:  :clap:  

I dont think it is a botfly ...maybe a spider ...based on expert you tube diagnosis

I hold the family bot fly record with 11 in one go...got them while sailing an Optimist and not riding my bike.

That was quite unpleasant as it started as mozzie bites and ended with 11 mofo's trying to eat my

I hold the family bot fly record with 11 in one go...got them while sailing an Optimist and not riding my bike.

That was quite unpleasant as it started as mozzie bites and ended with 11 mofo's trying to eat my

eat your ...... :eek:

the worst yet has been the highland midge, picture a swarm of mini sized mosquito like midges that leave lovely itchy red bumps. And when I saw swarm I mean millions of the little buggers

maxresdefault.jpg

These things... G’z man. I still have little marks from where they bit me like two months ago. Bloody sore bite for such a little thing.

19th of January  went for a Coffee ride, was hot... and was casually strolling with my shirt zip down.

a lil fella flew into my shirt, I was 2km from home and this lil fella happened to be a wasp.

2 stings later , looking down into my shirt (whilst riding, hands off handle bar) found the bl#$ksem,

gripped him and tossed him (was wearing gloves).

As I looked up, I collided with my mate, (still no hands on handle bars).  

flew over him, landed in the intersection, split helmet, and ripped AC joints off.

surgery on the 20th of Jan , 8 weeks off, and now a nice knoppie on my shoulder.

not a scratch on the bike :)

Hmm, I went riding in the UK down south with mates 2 years ago - Rotherwick near a village called Hook. All very pretty and awfully english countryside like except the jeep tracks were really rutted and overgrown. One side was trees and the other stinging nettles. You had to choose your poison literally - either risk your handlebars being caught up an wiping you out and switching you over the bars or get your legs dragged through nettles which stung like fire and then stinging for hours afterwards in the pub.

The English true to form thought the nettles were "bracing"

My regular summer trail gets overgrown with nettles by the second half of summer. 10k section with nettles hanging over the trail is brutal on the legs, arms and fingers where the gloves don’t cover. I take antihistamine cream and rub it on the affected areas when I turn around. Works like a dream. Dock leaves are also pretty good if no cream.

Vetseun, how is your bite doing ?

Has it grown or did you nuke it ?

Seems to be healing albeit very slowly. Went to the doc. He suspects a bite or sting from anything ranging from a one fanged black mamba to a scopion.

Unfortunately not a bot fly. I have always wanted my own personal bot fly infestation, but it wasnt to be.post-16512-0-41784600-1570026833_thumb.jpeg

Seems to be healing albeit very slowly. Went to the doc. He suspects a bite or sting from anything ranging from a one fanged black mamba to a scopion.

Unfortunately not a bot fly. I have always wanted my own personal bot fly infestation, but it wasnt to be.attachicon.gif1570026525605.jpeg

If it goes septic and creates a big scar, you can always claim it is a bullet wound from Angola.

Chicks dig scars (or so I thought) until I was asked why my "bullet wound" was in my back....

So yesterday morning I’m riding dang slow up a dang steep hill looking at tar mostly thinking about changing gear and as I round a bend I see SNAKE just in front of my wheel crossing left to right and SNAKE senses threat hesitates and HOODS UP

Flipping big speckled golden brown cobra right in front of my wheel...

Dunno but I think it was close

We both sped up away from each other but there was plenty time for me to ‘admire’ its great beauty as I passed its tail by millimeters.

Still recovering from the recovery whiskey.