HowardSteele

Bitten on the bike  

207 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you hubbers have been bitten or stung by one of the following critters

• Bee
    • wasp
    • Blind-fly
    • Bee-fly
    • Mozzie
    • Tick
    • Spider
    • Scorpion
    • Snake
    • Dog
    • Other..please leave a account in the comments.

So besides the dreaded tyre snakebite and the chainring chomp.How Many of you Hubbers have experienced a bit of discomfort along the ride caused by one of the critters listed in the poll above.

Bee,Wasp,Blind-fly..Some call them Horseflies ,Beefly,Mozzie,Tick,Spider,Scorpion,Snake, Dog..... Other (so far in others we've had Egyptian Goose,Midges and Tsetse Fly) someone mentioned Baboon but i've never heard of a biker being bitten.

Edited by HowardSteele

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been bitten by more than one of those critters, which one gets the vote?

I have enabled ticked the multiple choice blokkie now please try again...thanks

Missing from your list is the dreaded horse fly. I was once joined by a dreaded pair of the critters at the bottom of a monster technical long climb on a sticky summers day. The fekkers hounded me the whole time up the hill and between pushing cadence, concentrating on the technical climb and trying to brush the pair of them away.. It was hell!

Missing from your list is the dreaded horse fly. I was once joined by a dreaded pair of the critters at the bottom of a monster technical long climb on a sticky summers day. The fekkers hounded me the whole time up the hill and between pushing cadence, concentrating on the technical climb and trying to brush the pair of them away.. It was hell!

Easily my least favourite insect. Closely followed by mozzies. The relentless, high-pitched whine. You know they're there, and then they fly close to your ears and yyou try to get em while you're in that place inbetween wakefulness and slumber. GAH!

Horsefly ... Blind-fly  same little F3456r...

(fly of family Tabanidae): cleghorse-fly

Edited by HowardSteele