[Event] FNB Wines2Whales Shiraz

FNB Wines2Whales MTB

Thats the thing. I didn't get my free burgers. Thats why I am moaning.

You did not get your free burger on the day it was allocated? Clear that up for me please sir. I thought you wanted to get the previous days burger together with the current days burger.

Remember they would have prepped for the number of burgers scheduled for that day. If you did not take the burger on day 1 you are in fact causing them to create waste. That patty cannot be saved for another day as it would have been thawed and hygiene regulations would not have allowed them to keep it for reuse the next day. Why would they need to prep, because if you had to wait half an hour for a burger to be prepared for you you would also have bitched.

In addition that bun would now be stale the following day and again you would have bitched.

So they are in a loose loose situation. If they need to cater for the likes of you they should just make your burger on day one and keep it till you come on day 2 or day 3 and ask for you previous days burgers. Then you could get your one or two day old burgers. Would that work for you? Or would you bitch about that as well.

There is just no pleasing some people. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how a burger can get this much attention.

I feel that I can have an opinion and don't need anyone to tell me how wrong my opinion is. That is your opinion. So maybe I feel that I am right, and maybe you feel you are right. Let's stop trying to show who is right and who is wrong and leave everybody to give their opinion about the race.

I feel that I can have an opinion and don't need anyone to tell me how wrong my opinion is. That is your opinion. So maybe I feel that I am right, and maybe you feel you are right. Let's stop trying to show who is right and who is wrong and leave everybody to give their opinion about the race.

Well what did you expect when you post something that is so ridiculous.

Based on your statement, the responses were mostly not offering an opinion rather stating FACT. You opinion is wrong Period. We were trying to help you see the light.

What was wrong you may ask?

1. You indicated that you were unhappy because you wanted a supplier to give you something outside of your contract with them.

2. You did not consider the reasons for the terms of the contract between yourself and the supplier.

3. You flamed a supplier for this on social media.

4. You continue to hold such opinion.

I suppose it is what it is in this snowflake keyboard worrier world we live in today.

Based on your statement, the responses were mostly not offering an opinion rather stating FACT. You opinion is wrong Period. We were trying to help you see the light.

What was wrong you may ask?

1. You indicated that you were unhappy because you wanted a supplier to give you something outside of your contract with them.

2. You did not consider the reasons for the terms of the contract between yourself and the supplier.

3. You flamed a supplier for this on social media.

4. You continue to hold such opinion.

I suppose it is what it is in this snowflake keyboard worrier world we live in today.

Wasting your breath 

Edit. Post redacted.

Ugh, once again I find myself trying to reason with someone on the internet.

Edited by PhilipV

This is exactly what is wrong with people these days.

So if YOUR opinion is that smoking while pregnant is ok, or drunk driving etc etc...... the rest should shut up? 

How do then educate people that their view/opinion is in fact wrong?

Other have given good reasons why they think your opinion is wrong, now come and tell us why you think you are right please.

You voiced your opinion in a public forum. 

Don't get all butthurt now that people are pointing out that "your opinion" is typical of a self-entitled and boorish muppet.  it was YOUR choice to flame Spur because they didn't cater to YOUR specific and unreasonable demand. 

Deal with the backlash, or better yet, reflect on your comments and use this as a learning experience.  Failing which you are free to continue your corporate protest and march yourself off to Wimpy.  Please send pics, I'm sure Spur is tearing their hair out that your feelings were hurt when denied your 2nd burger.

Edited by PygaSchmyga

What is the “overall EPIC feel” ?

there's a corporate feel that has crept in last year already. I hope that they don't let ti go full epic,

But on the  seeding note, It would be great if they introduced a prologue to sort out the start groups like the ACE does. It would strip out the SAnonSEEDIng fiasco. that would be the most positive change I'd like to see.

I envision it only being used for the Chardonnay and Shiraz. 

Format could be a 10km loop through Lourensford on the day of registration. Register and go for your prologue immediately after. 

registration was already quite a simple non congested affair but I can see that if registration time is fixed to a time window and then you can ride your prologue TT.

maybe too radical?

Thats the thing. I didn't get my free burgers. Thats why I am moaning.

Well that’s what you were crying about

there's a corporate feel that has crept in last year already. I hope that they don't let ti go full epic,

But on the  seeding note, It would be great if they introduced a prologue to sort out the start groups like the ACE does. It would strip out the SAnonSEEDIng fiasco. that would be the most positive change I'd like to see.

I envision it only being used for the Chardonnay and Shiraz. 

Format could be a 10km loop through Lourensford on the day of registration. Register and go for your prologue immediately after. 

registration was already quite a simple non congested affair but I can see that if registration time is fixed to a time window and then you can ride your prologue TT.

maybe too radical?

Don't know if it would be practical but love the idea of a prologue to sort out the SAseeding fiasco

Yes citizen , a citizen or burger can get peoples knickers in a knot, just ask Jaykop.....

In my opinion your opinion on the opinion of others opinions on your opinion is completely self opinionated.

<cue the cat in a hat > you not just wrong, you stupid, ......and you ugly, just like your mother <exit cat without his hat >

BTW, for now we love the Spur Steak Ranch. They do a heck of a lot for Mountain Bike Racing in South Africa. Just ask Alan. If you were complaining about horse meat in your burger or crocodile in your chicken, then maybe we could consider the rant from an animal rights perspective. Instead there's a foot stomping cross armed sulky tjank about not getting a 2 burgers on one day......like really dude. And you expect to not get flamed into cinders on a Friday...... :whistling: