2020 Tour de France

pista

I remember thinking that we must have brushed shoulders at the Grand Depart last year.

My son knew that seeing a stage of a Grand Tour was bucket list stuff for me. So when we visited them in the Netherlands he organised the trip to Belgium.

Not being an experienced world traveler I was worried about what we would be able to see. After all it was a very big event in a world city.

So we parked underground early and as we came up into the street , there was Trek Segafredo's bus right in front of me. The riders, the bikes, the works. And I knew we were all right. I took it all in.

We watched the Depart and then back to Waterloo to see the peloton go by.

Back to Brussels the next day for the time trial.

I managed to get this pic.

Great that you got the opportunity to experience the TdF atmosphere [emoji106][emoji106]

Now you need to see a finish live[emoji6]

I parked about about 20km outside Brussels and cycled in along the canal.

Bumped into a few Saffers on the first few days.

fbf49306cc7435c144fb83b35205aac2.jpg

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very, VERY late to the discussion... are we having a fantasy tour this year? Link please if I've missed it?

Very, VERY late to the discussion... are we having a fantasy tour this year? Link please if I've missed it?

Doubtful.. unless they do one for fun I don't see sponsors being able to provide prizes at the moment..

• 2 weeks later...

It would be difficult for NTT to support a GC rider, a sprinter and have break away riders at the same time. They went for the highest probability of success.

I wonder how LMs career will pan out from here - he has had a slump, but was looking better recently. He could also be a good mountain support rider.

It would be difficult for NTT to support a GC rider, a sprinter and have break away riders at the same time. They went for the highest probability of success.

I wonder how LMs career will pan out from here - he has had a slump, but was looking better recently. He could also be a good mountain support rider.

Would LM even have a pro contract if he didn't ride for NTT?  Hopefully there is a plan and he can come good but there are so many new and brilliant riders around since he looked to be the new good thing