Giro d'Italia 2020

Gen

The pocket rocket from Ecuador with the English name got his first bicycle when he was 5 years old. He likes vanilla ice cream and spends his free time listening to music and being with his family. He's a father to one daughter. He would love to travel to Asia because he likes the culture in the Far East.

He is the road and time trial champion of his country. Winning atop a windy, rainy Italian volcano in a Grand Tour is his biggest career victory and first outside his country.

“Today was just trying to hold as much as I could. I knew I had good legs since the beginning - I was feeling good. In the end it was just a sufferfest until the finish.."

- Jonathan Caicedo

caicedo1.jpg?itok=AaA1DDAD

Edited by 'Dale

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jinne!! The Giro never disappoints.

I so hoped that Caicedo would be in pink, because, you know... EF and pink... That way they could placate the UCI a bit.

I feel bleak for Thomas, but the first rule of bicycling is 'stay upright'.

There was nothing he could do to stay upright under that circumstances. It was just random. 

There was nothing he could do to stay upright under that circumstances. It was just random.

Surprised how fast they were travelling in a neutral zone! Especially on such a road when quite a few lost biddons.

Surprised how fast they were travelling in a neutral zone! Especially on such a road when quite a few lost biddons.

It really depends on the races sometimes its 15km/h sometimes its rather flatout.

Long ago whilst a bit youger I took part in an U19 world cup race. The neutral part was somewhere between 5 and 10k long through the city. When we got to the "real" start I was already more or less in the red zone as the neutral average was about 48 km/h we had been going straight over roundabouts plowing flowerbeds and grass at these speeds as well to stay somewhere near the front.

Didn't last long for me got hit by a flying bike as a Couple off guys before me one was mowed down by a police motorbike. Tar is hard to hit while echeloning at 55km/h. 

Dankie for the updates Gen. Went through everything now, ai Gee.

I tried

It was a bit chaotic only 5 motos and 1 each on Yates and Thomas which means we missed some things out on the road.. apparently there was another attack from the GC group and no-one saw it[emoji3061]

He is in desperate need of better looking sunnies [emoji38]

I am sure if you pay him what 100% do he will wear any old pair of sunnies you recommend [emoji1787][emoji6]

Ever lol

But I can promise you no-one has ever looked that good in the Azzurra jersey

mario-cipolini-e1438338264477.jpg?w=300&

Different blue, but Sagan has a way to go in the style game.

http://blog.sportful.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/304700_487266364636289_235999394_n.jpg

mario-cipolini-e1438338264477.jpg?w=300&

Different blue, but Sagan has a way to go in the style game.

http://blog.sportful.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/304700_487266364636289_235999394_n.jpg

Whahaha yeah I wonder how many fines Mario collected throughout his cycling career he sure rocked up to races with some interesting outfits. [emoji1787][emoji1787]