[Event] MEDIHELP Stellenbosch Cycle Tour 2020

Starchboy

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must also be a racing lady because I don't think I'm a vet or a master :D I'm only 34yo

dont take it personally, it probably just means that only the Top 100 Sub Vets according to some seeding made it into Cat 1 / $ group. The same Happens every year at the CTCT as well.

I must also be a racing lady because I don't think I'm a vet or a master :D I'm only 34yo

I'm also sub vet at 34yo and this has happened a couple of times before.  We're outside the top sub vets while the Racing Ladies, Vet Men and Master Men aren't enough to fill %, so we get to fill those spots instead of falling to 1A where we belong.

I'm also sub vet at 34yo and this has happened a couple of times before.  We're outside the top sub vets while the Racing Ladies, Vet Men and Master Men aren't enough to fill %, so we get to fill those spots instead of falling to 1A where we belong.

Doesn't that weaken the % bunch then? 1A only starts a minute behind them..should be able to catch and merge quite quickly?

Doesn't that weaken the % bunch then? 1A only starts a minute behind them..should be able to catch and merge quite quickly?

This often happens yes - % bit of a sucky group to start in all things considered, especially with the big climb at the start like at SCT, very likely you will be caught by 1A

This race is normally great for me. My seeding is always lousy because its my first event in 9 months, but I'm always fit at this time of year because I've ridden plenty over the holidays. Combine that with the fact that the only thing I'm half decent is climbing, it means I can normally jump one or two groups on the way over Helshoogte, and then coast for the next 90kms. That's how its played out for the two years before last.

And this year its all going according to the same playbook, except that I have a wedding on Saturday night in Cape Town. And its not a "Polite hug at 11pm and thank you we had a lovely time" kind of wedding. It's an "old varsity friends who now only see each other every few years and think they can still play drinking games" kind of wedding.

FML.

You'll be the guy with the TC halfway up hells then?

So I've been seeded in 1B which according to the start sequence is u16?

I'm rather far past 16, am I to assume it's a mixed group with a whole bunch of 50kg wannabe racing snakes that are going to drop me like a stone at the bottom of Hels?

So I've been seeded in 1B which according to the start sequence is u16?

I'm rather far past 16, am I to assume it's a mixed group with a whole bunch of 50kg wannabe racing snakes that are going to drop me like a stone at the bottom of Hels?

Jip....and they are going to attack each other from the 1st kilometer. Those laaities has got endless energy

Jip....and they are going to attack each other from the 1st kilometer. Those laaities has got endless energy

Well, after Hels they'll be so far ahead that it won't affect me at all!

Starting to think dropping back a start group might be an option to explore.

Edit: It has been claimed.

I have an entry, free to a good home for someone that will definitely use it. DM me.

Edited by Donovan Le Cok

There will always be wind heading into Franschhoek, always. But that's only 15kms worth.

I reckon that's where the group will catch me again after my audacious breakaway on Helshoogte  ;)

The group will never catch me after my break away on Hels, thats because I will be breaking away out the back!!

2D for me starting at 6:16. Think I'm going to suffer somewhat this year, don't have any speed in the legs and I climb like a sloth :blush: ... but I can suck a wheel  :w00t: 

Starting Group 2A 6:10am 

Seeded $ starting 2A. 

1 part mince pies and no riding for 3 weeks, 1 part I have seen the okes flying at WP champs, 1 part slightly different goal for Cycle Tour this year so need to improve other people's seedings. 

The more wind, the better!!!

There will be plenty savages in $ and %.