The toolbox thread

100Tours

I use my compressor (2kW, 120l/min & 50l tank) once a week or so and it is very handy to have.  If I bought again I would buy a quieter one.  Runs out of puff quite quickly.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TENG TOOLS (Swedish tool company, Taiwanese manufactured) have opened a branch in Gasoline Alley, in the same building as Flying Brick, Metalheads, GS Bike Traders, Tims Motorcycle Repairs, etc...

(Gasoline Alley = corner of SECTION and SHROPSHIRE streets, Paarden Eiland...)

VERY nice tools, a few of which we use in our fitment side, with a emphasis on quality/lifelong quality...

Am sure their will be tools to titilate cyclists...!

The had their OFFICIAL OPENING this past Friday, and began full trade yesterday morning...

Give them a visit - inspirational store - those toolboxes, with those pre-cut foam inserts...

Welcome TENG TOOLS!

Chris

post-1199-0-04484900-1614058180_thumb.jpg

post-1199-0-02469700-1614058197_thumb.jpg

post-1199-0-01252100-1614058223_thumb.jpg

post-1199-0-24418400-1614058237_thumb.jpg

post-1199-0-90678400-1614058266_thumb.jpg

post-1199-0-95849200-1614058294_thumb.jpg

post-1199-0-26432100-1614058316_thumb.jpg

Awesome tools.

Do you guys stock something like this. 1/4” and 3/8” speed spinner.

f310072ccf383e3ed8f203105e203533.jpg

TENG TOOLS (Swedish tool company, Taiwanese manufactured) have opened a branch in Gasoline Alley, in the same building as Flying Brick, Metalheads, GS Bike Traders, Tims Motorcycle Repairs, etc...

VERY nice tools, a few of which we use in our fitment side, with a emphasis on quality/lifelong quality...

The had their OFFICIAL OPENING this past Friday, and began full trade yesterday morning...

Give them a visit - inspirational store - those toolboxes, with those pre-cut foam inserts...

Welcome TENG TOOLS!

Chris

I will ask them on your behalf - I am 'Flying Brick', but they are neighbors, so will pop over and ask... :thumbup:

While you're there ask them if they do JIS screwdrivers as well please Chris :thumbup:

Will do, it was on my list anyways, so you are expediting the process! 

Will get back to you - sending you a WhatsApp on a bicycle I've found...

Awesome tools.

Do you guys stock something like this. 1/4” and 3/8” speed spinner.

f310072ccf383e3ed8f203105e203533.jpg

they believe they DO have a spinner(s), in their Northern Suburbs store; have asked them to let me know WHAT have...and I will post back here...

So I sent Ryobi an email last night and received feedback from an agent in CT this morning. They have what I am looking for and were exceptionally helpful.

Just a word of warning to manage your expectations, if it is pretty old and has sat for quite a while the batteries may not be that good by the time you get a charger. They can be replaced with generics in the same plastic housing though.

Finally getting my own garage in 4 months time (hopefully) and starting to collect my tools.

A compressor is the first ‘big’ item on the list and need some advise on what to get.

Just going to be used for regular home use, I.e. tubeless, drying chains etc. We are going to be in a small complex so started looking at the ‘silent’ 25L options from Ardendorff.

Is this a good option or should I look at something else? If so, what should I be looking at? Don’t want to drop 6k on something that isn’t going to be used properly, will rather spend that ZAR on the workbench and drawers.

Avoid the small Ryobi ones, they are eye wateringly noisy, a friend bought a small "Trade Air" and it was far more civilized, but definitely try and listen to it running 1st and see if can live with it in a complex

Just a word of warning to manage your expectations, if it is pretty old and has sat for quite a while the batteries may not be that good by the time you get a charger. They can be replaced with generics in the same plastic housing though.

had this niggling thought in the back of my mind

Welcome TENG TOOLS!

Chris

It is a very good thing that they are far away from me.

Will do, it was on my list anyways, so you are expediting the process! 

Will get back to you - sending you a WhatsApp on a bicycle I've found...

You have mail please Zebra.

they believe they DO have a spinner(s), in their Northern Suburbs store; have asked them to let me know WHAT have...and I will post back here...

Awesome. Thank you.

You can contact me on 0827877112 as well.

Awesome. Thank you.

You can contact me on 0827877112 as well.

they brought 2 Spinners round to show me, and ONE in particular is super-neat...

the super-neat one is the TOPTUL spinner, since it is DOUBLE ended (!), meaning screwdriver bits go in one side, sockets 1/4" on the other, with dual 'spinners', and it is Aluminium/has some 'weight' to it!

the 2nd one is quality, too, single-sided, and it is called a PALM ratchet, 3/8" drive.

they are R214 and R267 respectively, both EX vat, important that you ADD 15%. I don't stock, you can get them from TENG Tools DIRECTLY!

Hope that helps / onwards and upwards!

Chris

post-1199-0-29219300-1614084940_thumb.jpg

post-1199-0-32020500-1614084953_thumb.jpg

post-1199-0-80483300-1614085010_thumb.jpg

post-1199-0-99287900-1614085105_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zebra