The toolbox thread

100Tours

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where would i get a nice rubber mat for table tops. Not for the entire table area ?

I bought a cut to size piece from builders which I use for my indoor trainer. 

Cost me about 180 Ronts

Years ago when petrol wasnt a crazy price and I could still afford a 4x4, I bought a twin headed portable compressor for reinflating the tyres after a day of off roading and vehicle buggering up...Even going as far as to add two socket outlets to the Sani for ease of use... 

Anyway....I probably used that thing about 5 times for its intended use....No longer is the Sani with me but I do still have the compressor and now its used to clean computers, keyboards and inflate my bicycle tyres...!

Now to find another use for this hi-lift jack that was also bought with some lofty ideas...... :thumbup:

Edited by Mojoman

In terms of compressors, flow rate is important for seating tubeless. I've been unable to seat stubborn tubeless wheels on the smaller 160L/min compressors. Mine is 220l/min and that seats tires. Sometimes they still need a bit of motivation but usually removing the valve core solves it.

Worth adding the following comment though -

IF you are using a "direct flow" type compressor, such as the ones used for inflating 4x4 tires, YES then the flow rate is critical.

If you are using a compressor with a tank, then the flow rate just determines how long it would take to get the tank up the typical 8 bar pressure.  Now it becomes an exercise in using the correct equipment that wont throttle the flow of the air .....

Using this fitting I just could not seat the tires ..... The connector fitting throttled the airflow just too much.

post-110956-0-53499500-1614171393_thumb.jpg

Switching over to the "open pipe over the valve" approach, all other setting on the compressor exactly the same, tires seat VERY easily.  :clap:  :clap:   (I still remove the valve core)

post-110956-0-99487900-1614171574_thumb.jpg

Years ago when petrol wasnt a crazy price and I could still afford a 4x4, I bought a twin headed portable compressor for reinflating the tyres after a day of off roading and vehicle buggering up...Even going as far as to add two socket outlets to the Sani for ease of use... 

Anyway....I probably used that thing about 5 times for its intended use....No longer is the Sani with me but I do still have the compressor and now its used to clean computers, keyboards and inflate my bicycle tyres...!

Now to find another use for this hi-lift jack that was also bought with some lofty ideas...... :thumbup:

Have you tried using that compressor with a Giant air tank to seat tires ?

Have you tried using that compressor with a Giant air tank to seat tires ?

So far...touchy wood...I have had no issues using it as it is (considering it has no holding tank) on new and used tubeless tyres..

they brought 2 Spinners round to show me, and ONE in particular is super-neat...

the super-neat one is the TOPTUL spinner, since it is DOUBLE ended (!), meaning screwdriver bits go in one side, sockets 1/4" on the other, with dual 'spinners', and it is Aluminium/has some 'weight' to it!

the 2nd one is quality, too, single-sided, and it is called a PALM ratchet, 3/8" drive.

they are R214 and R267 respectively, both EX vat, important that you ADD 15%. I don't stock, you can get them from TENG Tools DIRECTLY!

Hope that helps / onwards and upwards!

Chris

It would appear they no longer have stock of the Dual Spinner .....

post-110956-0-77761100-1614171904_thumb.jpg

Somehow one made its way into my tool tray ......  :whistling:

finally a tool that WORKS inside a bottle cage and similar confined spaces.   :clap:

Fatal mistake .... walked around the shop a bit ..... :ph34r:  :ph34r: 

Just could not pass this little gem - https://teng-tools.co.za/products/582mi?_pos=4&_sid=b9b93f388&_ss=r

TENK also has this (thankfully I have enough versions of this...) - https://teng-tools.co.za/pages/search-results-page?q=cyclists

It is NOT "small and compact", rather think of full sized multi-tool to have in the car for those weekends away ...

TENG TOOLS (Swedish tool company, Taiwanese manufactured) have opened a branch in Gasoline Alley, in the same building as Flying Brick, Metalheads, GS Bike Traders, Tims Motorcycle Repairs, etc...

(Gasoline Alley = corner of SECTION and SHROPSHIRE streets, Paarden Eiland...)

VERY nice tools, a few of which we use in our fitment side, with a emphasis on quality/lifelong quality...

Am sure their will be tools to titilate cyclists...!

The had their OFFICIAL OPENING this past Friday, and began full trade yesterday morning...

Give them a visit - inspirational store - those toolboxes, with those pre-cut foam inserts...

Welcome TENG TOOLS!

Chris

Why oh why do you show us places like this??? I am fairly succesfull in trying to avoid Adendorf (was there last week and bought more than I should). Now another tool place. NOOOOOOOO! I will go there ASAP and report back.

I did not need to know this . My poor wallet. Love Teng tools. Good quality but not overly expensive.

Why oh why do you show us places like this??? I am fairly succesfull in trying to avoid Adendorf (was there last week and bought more than I should). Now another tool place. NOOOOOOOO! I will go there ASAP and report back.

I did tell them to order in more of those dual spinners ....

Also made sure to let them know of all the marketing Zebra is doing for them ....

Jip, some items are very expensive .... but also the odd well priced items.

GP Boost may have a serious issue though .... from tool cutouts for the drawers to custom parts trais ....

Adendorf may be "safer" in its ranges and pricing options .... especially if decent is good enough for DIY.

SERIOUS tool users may fall in love with this shop.

I do not get it ... my banged up 13 year old Parktools floor pump still seats tyres

My BBB does the same and thats a cheapie.

A teenage boy could probably seat a tubeless tyre with a hand pump :ph34r:  :lol:

But yeah, I have a Giant floor pump with one of those High Pressure-High Volume switches. The High Volume setting works well for seating tubeless. The High Pressure is more for roadies or in my case I use it for the inner chamber of my dirt bikes' Tubliss system (which needs to be 100-120 Psi).