Road : Tubeless vs Tube

Wobbles

Make sure your tyres are at the recommended pressure.

On 28s I run 5 in the front and 6 at the back (I'm about 84kg and the bike about 7.5 to 8). I find that if I go up one bar, I get far more punctures on the rear.

Funny, never had a puncture in the front.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that's hard for a tubeless tyre of 25mm!

Why so hard?

I'm 83kg, add on a commuter backpack +5kg, and rough roads ie. riding in the gutter in peak traffic times where the tar is broken - I need to pump it really hard to save the rims from hitting through. I don't use the tubeless to run lower pressures for comfort, my main goal is to not stop for punctures.   ;)  ;) 

Interesting idea. I assume that you just push ut through the valve after having removed the core? What volume on what size tyre are you using?

25C tyre, 25-30ml is about I can get in for it to be useful

My front wheel has been tubeless for years now. You need the right sealant. Stans doesn't seal at road bike pressures so you get home but the hole pops open when you re-inflate to 6 bar or whatever. Orange seal does the job!

Edited by davidtinker

My front wheel has been tubeless for years now. You need the right sealant. Stans doesn't seal at road bike pressures so you get home but the hole pops open when you re-inflate to 6 bar or whatever. Orange seal does the job!

Interesting to hear.  I have had 2 cuts where Stans has sealed, but when I pump over 4bar the hole re-opens.  So I am running at 4bar until I have saved up for another TL tyre!

where do you obtain this Ornage seal. I use EnduroSeal which does the trick  quite nicely. I do use latex tubes though

mmm .... Stan's have 2 types - "Regular" and "Race". I use the Stan's Race sealant in road tubeless. But don't try and inject it through the valve. Un-bead the tyre and fill directly when you want to top-up on Race. Top-up with "Regular" through the valve. ;) 

On 28s I run 5 in the front and 6 at the back (I'm about 84kg and the bike about 7.5 to 8). I find that if I go up one bar, I get far more punctures on the rear.

Funny, never had a puncture in the front.

Do you just do a wheelie all the time?

been running conti 5000tl for about 1000km with stans normal sealant, no puncture to date that I know off, more supple ride than tubes, the main reason going tubeless was for more comfort than puncture protection. Our roads are terrible. Running them between 5 and 6 bar

where do you obtain this Ornage seal. I use EnduroSeal which does the trick  quite nicely. I do use latex tubes though

I got it from Evobikes online.

The other trick with road tubeless is patching "won't seal" holes using a normal patch on the inside of the tire. Before I found Orange seal I did that a few times.

I got it from Evobikes online.

The other trick with road tubeless is patching "won't seal" holes using a normal patch on the inside of the tire. Before I found Orange seal I did that a few times.

thanks I'll check it out

Where do you get Orange Seal from locally?

Although somebody mentioned Evobikes, I'm yet to see it available locally.

Both CRC & Merlin stock it should you want to consider that.

I bought it from Evobikes once in the past. Last time a colleague of mine asked them to bring some in specially for him and I piggybacked on that order.