Tesla Cybertruck

Capricorn

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That thing gets uglier every time I look at it.

IMO. When it comes to EV's the real market is motorcycles. The entire vehicle is basically a motor so there's much less to push around. To my mind if you REALLY wanted to save the planet with EV's that's where you'd start. Specifically the tiny bike market.

But fat yanks aren't going to form an orderly queue and buy an electric Honda Cub are they? 

Bakkies are basically a fashion statement for 95% of their South African owners

So the fact that it might no be labeled as a workhorse is fine, it's butt ugly (most Bakkies are) and goes against what stadsjappies consider a bakkie to be so if we see even one here I'd be surprised

Im also a big fan of starting the revolution off with electric motorcycles

That thing gets uglier every time I look at it.

IMO. When it comes to EV's the real market is motorcycles. The entire vehicle is basically a motor so there's much less to push around. To my mind if you REALLY wanted to save the planet with EV's that's where you'd start. Specifically the tiny bike market.

But fat yanks aren't going to form an orderly queue and buy an electric Honda Cub are they? 

So the fact that it might no be labeled as a workhorse is fine, it's butt ugly (most Bakkies are) and goes against what stadsjappies consider a bakkie to be so if we see even one here I'd be surprised

Soo, somone should design something like this...?

post-27827-0-94041300-1574754972_thumb.png

We currently can't even put our names on the pre-order list. I tried yesterday. Country is the first selection you need to make so we can't even get onto the 2nd step.

no, an emoto. Not an e-bike. Different things entirely, though some get them confused. 

Was pulling leg ;)

But seriously, these things are getting so similar, I would rather take the e-bike that doesn't need a drivers license than getting a e-moto. 

The intention would purely be for commuting, at urban speeds, thus an e-bike should suffice.

It gives the word ugly a totally different meaning.

Agreed.

But the Defender isn't an oil painting either. And the refurbed units go for tesla prices now.

On specs: that is a killer truck.

On looks: O my word they missed the boat by so much, I think the project leader needs to be demoted to incoming goods inspection officer.

It looks nothing like any of the other Tesla's out there. Why not use the brand you have already established.

Daft.

my gawd that is fugly.

Thing about electric cars is that they HAVE to be aerodynamic currently.

That's because of battery, range and efficiency need to be comparable to IC cars.

The prius design spec was to make the car aero but also totally recognisable and stand out.

I think the same brief was done here. And if the orders are coming in, then it's well done to them, fugly or not.

but yoh, can just imagine Petrus van Wentzel rocking up to the Murraysburg skou in that and the plek would go tjoepstil, the dominee will tell die mense the devil has arrived!

Imagine getting hit by that... I can't think that it would have good pedestrian collision safety ratings.

in general, safety rating of that truck is going to be very interesting given the bodywork. Musk makes no mention of it, makes me wonder if it's even roadworthy.

Topspeed asking the roadworthiness questions. Not many answers just yet.

Edited by Capricorn

in general, safety rating of that truck is going to be very interesting given the bodywork. Musk makes no mention of it, makes me wonder if it's even roadworthy.

As far as I know the US standards are far less strict on pedestrian impact, which is why you have Ford building this with the same frontal area as an entire barn

BoSoxxR.jpg

Edited by bertusras