Site Update: What's New & Feedback

Matt

This sounds like it could be related to cached files from the old site causing issues. Clearing our your browsers downloaded files should do the trick (you can leave cookies intact, just clear images and files).

Otherwise try pressing Ctrl + F5 on Windows or CMD + R on Mac to force a full refresh.

cleared the browser cache and that sorted it out thanks

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not getting any notifications about msgs. This would be the notification on the top of the hub page

Are you referring to Chat messages regarding Classified ads or PMs (i.e. the usual PMs on the forums/old classifieds)?

Not a fan of this new site. Already using it much less. Navigation ought to be quick and easy, not multiple extra clicks to get to a point. Classifieds is also clunky and and the order of filters not logical - why can't you just go straight to which ever discipline you want to, now it's bikes for sale > mountain bikes > etc etc. Old site was really much better than this - not just because it was familiar - this just seems messy.

I have to agree with the above sentiment. The old site was a lot more user friendly. From a software engineering perspective (that's my job) the last thing you want is the user having to jump through hoops to get stuff done or navigate somewhere.

Ease of use is a big deal when it comes to UI and UX (user experience). Currently the UI is nice, but the UX is poor.

Thanks for the feedback. We have acknowledged the shortcomings on the navigation and through he course of this week will be releasing some updates to address some of the issues raised. For example an expanded drop down menu on Desktop & Mobile will reduce the clicks required to get to where you you want to go. And updated filtering will offer easier filtering between road/MTB components.

It is too complicated to get to the chit chat forum...................

Along with the expanded Classifieds menu you'll see a new forum menu this week, including a quick link to Chit Chat  :thumbup:

Hi

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but on the ads of something, it should be mandatory to insert a size. 

It's very frustrating to see a product you like, then have to open the ad to see it's not my size.

For most products where size is a factor (e.g. bikes) it is a mandatory field. Although it's not displayed on ad listings, you can filter the list based on size in a given category, e.g. Road bikes: https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/c/road-bikes

Screenshot 2019-12-09 at 21.42.58.png

The new site looks spif!

Sorry if this has been mentioned but isn't there a 'remember me' option for login?

I need to re-login each time when I go to the site.

The new login pages will default to "Remember me" mode. Most of the web does these days doesn't offer the Remember Me tick box but will keep you logged in until you log out.

If it's not doing so there might be some conflicting cookies. I'd suggest clearing out browser cookies for bikehub.co.za and logging in again. That should resolve it, but if it continues please let us know either here or hit the 'Contact support' link in the footer.

The new site is not user friendly at all. I bought something from someone and i couldn't leave a review on the sale or seller. Please change it back to the old site. I'm no longer excited to visit this site. Everything is too complicated.

Please modify your Event entry`s for sale.

The site should automatically delete event entry`s for sale ----once the event date has passed.

The old entry`s are just frustrating

Are you referring to Chat messages regarding Classified ads or PMs (i.e. the usual PMs on the forums/old classifieds)?

Thanks for the feedback. We have acknowledged the shortcomings on the navigation and through he course of this week will be releasing some updates to address some of the issues raised. For example an expanded drop down menu on Desktop & Mobile will reduce the clicks required to get to where you you want to go. And updated filtering will offer easier filtering between road/MTB components.

Along with the expanded Classifieds menu you'll see a new forum menu this week, including a quick link to Chit Chat  :thumbup:

For most products where size is a factor (e.g. bikes) it is a mandatory field. Although it's not displayed on ad listings, you can filter the list based on size in a given category, e.g. Road bikes: https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/c/road-bikes

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2019-12-09 at 21.42.58.png

The new login pages will default to "Remember me" mode. Most of the web does these days doesn't offer the Remember Me tick box but will keep you logged in until you log out.

If it's not doing so there might be some conflicting cookies. I'd suggest clearing out browser cookies for bikehub.co.za and logging in again. That should resolve it, but if it continues please let us know either here or hit the 'Contact support' link in the footer.

At the top of the screen in the notification area. I notice that after I have browsed through the forums the notification will appear after I have marked all as read. Notifications for likes are there, and nothing for a message, and then again the same mark all read and then msg notifcation. Could just be my pc.

At the top of the screen in the notification area. I notice that after I have browsed through the forums the notification will appear after I have marked all as read. Notifications for likes are there, and nothing for a message, and then again the same mark all read and then msg notifcation. Could just be my pc.

DieselInDust reported similar issues. This is what helped in his case:

This sounds like it could be related to cached files from the old site causing issues. Clearing our your browsers downloaded files should do the trick (you can leave cookies intact, just clear images and files).

Otherwise try pressing Ctrl + F5 on Windows or CMD + R on Mac to force a full refresh.

For some reason I’ve been getting logged out of the hub and I have to login almost every time I use it like every 2/3 days. Also I tried to upload an ad and when adding pictures it takes ages for them to upload that I eventually just gave up. Could have been my wifi perhaps but all my other apps workings just fine . Any advice?

I like the look of the new site, but it is certainly taking some getting used to.

Please can you add back the "member" option when conducting a search? I'm looking for a specific member on the hub, but can't seem to be able to conduct a search - the old site allowed for searching of members.

DieselInDust reported similar issues. This is what helped in his case:

I see now that the notification for msgs for ads posted in classifieds only appear when you go to the classifieds. It does not appear on the forum pages. Thats what I am experiencing.  Is it possible to get a global notification as before?

Please modify your Event entry`s for sale.

The site should automatically delete event entry`s for sale ----once the event date has passed.

The old entry`s are just frustrating

This is on our feature roadmap, but for the time being we'll clean up any irrelevant ads. 

For some reason I’ve been getting logged out of the hub and I have to login almost every time I use it like every 2/3 days. Also I tried to upload an ad and when adding pictures it takes ages for them to upload that I eventually just gave up. Could have been my wifi perhaps but all my other apps workings just fine . Any advice?

Are you having to login in specific sections only? i.e. just Classifieds or just Forums?

I like the look of the new site, but it is certainly taking some getting used to.

Please can you add back the "member" option when conducting a search? I'm looking for a specific member on the hub, but can't seem to be able to conduct a search - the old site allowed for searching of members.

Thanks for the feedback, we do have member search on the to-do list. For the time being here is a direct link to Member search.

Just something to mention if not done already, when you click on a forum post or open a forum post in a new browser window, you need to login into your profile before you can either add a comment or like a post.

Edited by slickjay007

Just something to mention if not done already, when you click on a forum post or open a forum post in a new browser window, you need to login into your profile before you can either add a comment or like a post.

There have been a few reports of this. Clearing cookies for bikehub.co.za in your browser and logging in again seems to resolve it.

There have been a few reports of this. Clearing cookies for bikehub.co.za in your browser and logging in again seems to resolve it.

Just tried what you suggested and still the same. Could it be something to do with using Google Chrome as a browser?

Just tried what you suggested and still the same. Could it be something to do with using Google Chrome as a browser?

Chrome shouldn't be an issue. Could you send the link generated by this page to help@bikehub.co.za - from there we can check your specific browser version and settings to see what the issue might be.

https://www.whatsmybrowser.org/