Site Update: What's New & Feedback

Matt

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All in all I'm happy with the look of the new site, and I can get used to the changes in navigation but I've probably visited the site half as often as before primarily due to the fact that I no longer get email notification when a new item is posted in the classifieds. I understand that I can sign up for alerts but the quickest option is "daily" alerts. 

Can we please either get 3 options "Weekly" "Daily" "Instantly", or return to the "subscribe for email notification" system?

My F5 key is getting tired

Mmm still not enjoying the home screen lay out. Once away from there everything  is more familiar and looks very much the same as it was - for instance reading this thread. I think its the classifieds domination that is the issue  - along with the reduced in size active topics zone and articles all the way at the bottom. 

Site seems to bedding down, kind like load shedding it's been mostly unavailable the past few days

I can get the "old familiar" look by clicking forums then active topics.  

Edited by scotty

Mmm still not enjoying the home screen lay out. Once away from there everything  is more familiar and looks very much the same as it was - for instance reading this thread. I think its the classifieds domination that is the issue  - along with the reduced in size active topics zone and articles all the way at the bottom. 

The forum box is actually bigger (66% taller and the same width). It is a little further down the page though.

Really confuses me.  

Someone can send a private message to an advert and I can read the content as part of the email that bikehub sends

Then someone sends a chat message and I now have to click on the log in button to read the message.  Why can't the content of the chat message also be sent as part of the email from bikehub notifying me of a chat message, same as above?

Edited by shaper

Really confuses me.  

Someone can send a private message to an advert and I can read the content as part of the email that bikehub sends

Then someone sends a chat message and I now have to click on the log in button to read the message.  Why can't the content of the chat message also be sent as part of the email from bikehub notifying me of a chat message, same as above?

Unfortunately there will be a transition period where things are going to feel a little disjointed, partly due to needing to "flush out" old data/communication channels and while we address any bugs or other issues.

There are two issues here which may at least help to clarify the why:

1. PM vs. Chat

As from 2 December, any new "PM" conversation initiated from a Classified advert page uses the new Chat platform.

Although Chat is the primary on platform messenger for classifieds going forward, the PM function remains active, both to ensure any ongoing conversations related to Classifieds can continue (or be accessed for reference), and as a forum-based messenger tool.

Once any current classifieds related conversations on the PM system are concluded, the PM system will remain solely within the forums.

2. Message contents in email notifications

We will add the message to the email soon. This was removed as we previously found many people simply responded to the email expecting it to reach the sender but only hitting an email server black hole leaving a conversation potentially hanging.

In future we plan to support direct email replies to Chat notifications, but until then we will include the message in the email with a STRONG prompt to reply online, not via email.

Unfortunately there will be a transition period where things are going to feel a little disjointed, partly due to needing to "flush out" old data/communication channels and while we address any bugs or other issues.

There are two issues here which may at least help to clarify the why:

1. PM vs. Chat

As from 2 December, any new "PM" conversation initiated from a Classified advert page uses the new Chat platform.

Although Chat is the primary on platform messenger for classifieds going forward, the PM function remains active, both to ensure any ongoing conversations related to Classifieds can continue (or be accessed for reference), and as a forum-based messenger tool.

Once any current classifieds related conversations on the PM system are concluded, the PM system will remain solely within the forums.

2. Message contents in email notifications

We will add the message to the email soon. This was removed as we previously found many people simply responded to the email expecting it to reach the sender but only hitting an email server black hole leaving a conversation potentially hanging.

In future we plan to support direct email replies to Chat notifications, but until then we will include the message in the email with a STRONG prompt to reply online, not via email.

Thanks, already had/done a direct email reply?

For me it is nice to have the content of the message as easy to read the mail on the phone.  If something is requiring urgent response I can respond.  If not it can wait until back at a computer.

Without the content of the message you are forced to log in to find a query of "is it still available" or something similar which to me does not need an immediate response, but I don't know this as I have to log in to see what the chat message is.

Just tried what you suggested and still the same. Could it be something to do with using Google Chrome as a browser?

Nope

Using Win 7 and Chrome on two different machines

cleared cookies, logged in ONCE.  site working perfectly, including messages and notifications

Also having to login twice. First to homepage and as soon as I go to a forum discussion have to login again?

You may be asked to login separately on Home/Classifieds and then again on Forums, BUT you once logged in you shouldn't need to login again until you log out / clear cookies.

Are you having to login repeatedly on the forums within the same browsing session?

You may be asked to login separately on Home/Classifieds and then again on Forums, BUT you once logged in you shouldn't need to login again until you log out / clear cookies.

Are you having to login repeatedly on the forums within the same browsing session?

Once am on the forums then I stay logged in.

This morning I had to login for the homepage which has the classifieds and then again for forums.  Will this always be the case? Does the site not recognize a login either on classifieds or forum and allow access to both?

This morning I had to login for the homepage which has the classifieds and then again for forums.  Will this always be the case? Does the site not recognize a login either on classifieds or forum and allow access to both?

Unfortunately for the moment you will need to login separately, although the account details should be the same on each. 

We will look at options to make this a more seamless experience with a single login.

Also having the same issues this morning with double logging in. Ad-blockers off and all cookies have been deleted.

Also having the same issues this morning with double logging in. Ad-blockers off and all cookies have been deleted.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, when you say "double logging in" do you mean:

1) At first login you have to login once on Home/Classifieds and again on Forums. But thereafter remain logged in on both sections.

2) At first login you have to login once on Home/Classifieds and again on Forums. And thereafter have to keep logging in again on one or both sections. (if so, which sections require repeated logins?)

Just to make sure we're on the same page, when you say "double logging in" do you mean:

1) At first login you have to login once on Home/Classifieds and again on Forums. But thereafter remain logged in on both sections.

2) At first login you have to login once on Home/Classifieds and again on Forums. And thereafter have to keep logging in again on one or both sections. (if so, which sections require repeated logins?)

For me it is number 1