Site Update: What's New & Feedback

Matt

Having to continually re sign in between posts 

You may need to delete the cookies set by bikehub.co.za and login again.

On chrome you can do the following:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More > Settings.
  3. At the bottom, click Advanced.
  4. Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings.
  5. Click Cookies > See all cookies and site data.
  6. At the top right, search for the website's name.
  7. To the right of the site, click Remove .

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read through all the posts on this thread, so not sure if the following has been covered, but these would be useful changes to what is currently showing (IMO):

1. When browsing all the classifieds (no filters) the page title reflected in the browser's tab shows "Search½Bike Hub". Could/should this be changed to "Classifieds½Bike Hub".

2. Is it possible to have an option to increase the number of classifieds viewed per page? This would be particularly helpful for browsing using a mobile device

A couple more Classifieds bugs (MS Edge):

• photos [still] distorted / stretched for me - some photos stretched horizontally, others vertically.
  • When you click on the "click to zoom" on the photos, it brings up the pop up screen but photos don't show - only a black/grey box.

In response to an earlier question...if you open up a Hubbers advert, to then see his other ad's just click on his name lower down and all his other ad's will be displayed. (Discovered that one by accident)

Edited by robbybzgo

sorry if this has been asked or if there is a simple fix

but when you chatting to a seller can the bottom window not maybe be a bit bigger(or am i missing something, I can only see one line at a time, we all know I have a gold fish memory so I keep going up :blush:  :blush:

A couple more Classifieds bugs (MS Edge):

• photos [still] distorted / stretched for me - some photos stretched horizontally, others vertically.
  • When you click on the "click to zoom" on the photos, it brings up the pop up screen but photos don't show - only a black/grey box.

What version of edge are you using (and are you able to upgrade)? Version 16 and up should have no issues, but version 15 has some compatibility problems which will result in layout issues.

It would be great if you could pin topics to a favourites menu! 

I have certain topics that I browse regularly and they are all "current" so used to be easy to find but now I find it cumbersome to try navigate and find them, especially in classifieds  :thumbdown:

I barely look at classifieds anymore, really quite painful getting around and having to apply the same filters every time, I like looking at MTB just for MTB or road just for road  :mellow:

anyone else having trouble opening up PM's and Notifications? Spinner just spins

Is this happening on the forums or homepage/classifieds or both?

It would be great if you could pin topics to a favourites menu! 

I have certain topics that I browse regularly and they are all "current" so used to be easy to find but now I find it cumbersome to try navigate and find them, especially in classifieds  :thumbdown:

I barely look at classifieds anymore, really quite painful getting around and having to apply the same filters every time, I like looking at MTB just for MTB or road just for road  :mellow:

Forums are due a big update once we've finished moving the other parts of the site off of the forum software. We can't update the Forums until Events and Stolen Bikes join the new Classifieds on a separate system.

The new Forum software comes with a bundle of improvements and new features, hopefully including the favourite topics feature you've described.

The navigation stuff, we're working on it.

Navigating categories within the classifieds just doesn't work well at the moment. One suggestion would be to shamelessly copy the navigation from Chain Reaction's site which really works well - a couple of clicks and you are directed to the exact page that you want, without having to go through a couple of intermediate pages en route.

sorry if this has been asked or if there is a simple fix

but when you chatting to a seller can the bottom window not maybe be a bit bigger(or am i missing something, I can only see one line at a time, we all know I have a gold fish memory so I keep going up :blush:  :blush:

Do you mean the actual box you type the chat message into? And, on desktop or a mobile device?

Navigating categories within the classifieds just doesn't work well at the moment. One suggestion would be to shamelessly copy the navigation from Chain Reaction's site which really works well - a couple of clicks and you are directed to the exact page that you want, without having to go through a couple of intermediate pages en route.

As Nick mentions above, we're aware of the navigation issues and working on some improvements.

Are you referring to the dropdown menu? 

Screenshot 2019-12-06 at 16.02.09.png

Or the category drill down navigation?

Screenshot 2019-12-06 at 16.02.17.png

Thanks for the feedback and CRC suggestion. 

Is this happening on the forums or homepage/classifieds or both?

forums,

If I open the notifications in a new tab then strangely enough it functions

forums,

If I open the notifications in a new tab then strangely enough it functions

Perfect on this side - on forums.  I get my notifications, and no issues opening it.

Win 7, Chrome, same software on two different PC's, working on both. .... 

Wheel spun first time on the new forum, changed password, no further issues.

NOTE - the notifications for the FORUM is not showing when in the Marketplace.  Click on "Connect", and it is business as usual for the "forum users".