Site Update: What's New & Feedback

Matt

Hey Guys, 

I did briefly go through what has been posted, but did not notice if it had been asked and addressed:

With the old classifieds, there was filtering by type of mountain bike, e.g. downhill, dirt jump single speed and so forth on both frames and complete bikes. I cant seem to find same type of filtering, only hardtail or full suspension. 

Am I being daft or has this gone? 

Otherwise the new look and feel is nice. 

Thanks in advance. 

At the moment DH bikes are included in Dual Suspension bikes, you can filter based on riding style: https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/c/dual-suspension-bikes

However, based on feedback from some DH users we'll split it out into it's own category (along with adding DJ & SS categories under Bikes > Mountain Bikes

Screenshot 2019-12-05 at 11.13.22.png

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which links are you having problems with?

The classifieds overall... it doesn't open any of the drop downs... basically cant see any of the adds. It shows the categories, but nothing comes up when you click on the link

The new page looks good but for me, the Hub was always about the articles, news and the forums, not the classifieds. I absolutely get why the change has been made, but for me, something like Pinkbike with lots of articles, reviews, news and video content is what I'm looking for. I'm quite happy to seek out classifieds if I need something and not have them as the first thing I see when I log on. That said I do enjoy seeing whats out there on the market so I'm sure the new format will grow on me over time.

Thanks for the pages number and a button to go back to the 1st page 

:thumbup:  :thumbup:

Would post a picture here but copying and pasting pictures doesn't work, maybe in development  :whistling:

Why cant I browse for components for Road bikes only, used to be like that, now everything is grouped together and I dont need any MTB stuff.

Can't really saying I'm enjoying the new classieds at all. Getting to Vintage bikes and parts used to take me one click now it takes 3 extra page loads to find what I'm after. Surely the idea to to slimline it rather than bulk it up? I've also noticed that my direct messages don't get flagged as incoming.

Can't really saying I'm enjoying the new classieds at all. Getting to Vintage bikes and parts used to take me one click now it takes 3 extra page loads to find what I'm after. Surely the idea to to slimline it rather than bulk it up? I've also noticed that my direct messages don't get flagged as incoming.

We're working on an expanded drop down menu to include 1st and 2nd level categories, would this help address your issue?

e.g. Clicking on "Buy & Sell" would give you 1 click access to the respective vintage sections (along with the other categories)

Bikes

Mountain Bike

Road

Vintage Bikes

Components

Drivetrain

Forks

Vintage Components

Also had a DM this morning and didn’t know

Also had a DM this morning and didn’t know

We've added the Forum PM inbox with notifications back to the location you'll be used to. So you shouldn't miss notifications going forward.

Screenshot 2019-12-05 at 14.57.28.png

We're working on an expanded drop down menu to include 1st and 2nd level categories, would this help address your issue?

e.g. Clicking on "Buy & Sell" would give you 1 click access to the respective vintage sections (along with the other categories)

Yes thanks, that will help.

Hi, 

The "Renew your Ad" link on email notification that tells you your add has expired doesn't work. 

I am using gmail.

Also, I've been on the site twice since the update and each time I've had to reset my password as the password I usually use doesn't work (I did type it in correctly)

Hi, 

The "Renew your Ad" link on email notification that tells you your add has expired doesn't work. 

I am using gmail.

Also, I've been on the site twice since the update and each time I've had to reset my password as the password I usually use doesn't work (I did type it in correctly)

Hi NemZA,

Please could you forward the email to help@bikehub.co.za 

We'll take a look at the link and password issues.

Thanks,

Matt

When using the mobile site on Android using Chrome I select View Active Topics and I get the list. I then open the ones I want to read in a new tab but I am not logged in to any of the new tabs. If I go to the top to sign in it says my login is invalid. It's almost like it is going back to the old site???

Edited by Andreas_187

pretty sure you are reading my complaints in other threads. bare with me. just found another...sorry. 

can you please ad the member search as an option on the main page search function. i dont get why the forum search and main page search functions have to be isolated from each other. it feels like the site is running two different sites concurrently the whole time....one for classifieds and one for forumers. ( pretty sure it is btw) The fact that most of us have to log in twice (forums and classfieds) alludes to this even more lol. it feels disjointed to say the least.

back to the search function. its a site search function and i'm looking to navigate the site. For some reason you can only search for a member once you are inside the forum and stumble across the faint looking-glass icon in the top right by accident. ill rather then have the huge search ribbon in the forum then too if i have to.

id doesn't make sense why there isn't a coherent way to use the site...it changes between pages and is REALLY frustrating 

also...we need a sadface/crying/frustrated emoticon now please lol

Edited by morneS555

pretty sure you are reading my complaints in other threads. bare with me. just found another...sorry. 

can you please ad the member search as an option on the main page search function. i dont get why the forum search and main page search functions have to be isolated from each other. it feels like the site is running two different sites concurrently the whole time....one for classifieds and one for forumers. The fact that most of us have to log in twice (forums and classfieds) alludes to this even more lol. it feels disjointed to say the least.

back to the search function. its a site search function and i'm looking to navigate the site. For some reason you can only search for a member once you are inside the forum and stumble across the faint looking-glass icon in the top right by accident. ill rather then have the huge search ribbon in the forum then too if i have to.

id doesn't make sense why there isn't a coherent way to use the site...it changes between pages and is REALLY frustrating 

also...we need a sadface/crying/frustrated emoticon now please lol

No need to be sorry, I've said countless times we want feedback and acknowledge there are things we need to address.

We are running on two separate systems hence the need for dual login, however accounts are shared. We knew it would come with some challenges, but it was a necessary step to begin decoupling our proprietary components from what is now a very old forum platform.

It does currently make for a somewhat disjointed/inconsistent experience and we're working on streamlining the integration.

Thanks for the feedback.