Site Update: What's New & Feedback

Matt

Looking good, like all upgrades it will be a work in progress. Is there any chance that we will be able to upload pics from the mobile site as it is a bit of a pain switching between mobile and desktop. This also leads to confusion in the system when your pc logs into the mobile site so you change to desktop and then when you next log in on your phone you go straight to desktop  :whistling:

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New site is looking great. Not too sure it this was mentioned but when viewing a classified you cannot click on the active ads by a user anymore to see what else they are selling.

can we please ad a feature to multiple select ads sop i can delete or renew them all at once , this singular repetitive bs got old 5 years ago...

thank you 

Thanks for the feedback. We are looking at bulk edit / management features among other features focussed at "power users".

This update is really just the beginning so you can expect many feature additions and improvements in the weeks and months to come.

At first it was a shock the system ....

Took a step back, treated it like a NEW forum, checked about a bit ... quickly found the bits that I use.

Resistance to change is a reality of life .... sadly so is the pace at which technology outdates ....

THANKS to Admin for the new forum.  I may not "see" the need for it, but I respect and thank you for keeping the site current and ready for next electronic phase (however short that may be).

PS - I am also one of those primarily use the "forum" side of the Hub.  But it is just one click away, so no biggy ...  :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback ChrisF and your understanding. Bike Hub has remained largely unchanged for many years so we do appreciate that it will be a system shock to regulars.

I agree...I used to go thru the combined road section..now not so much..and this is where 70% of your business comes from..makes no sense...change is inevitable...not always good..gonna give the new classifieds a ????

We are looking at options to allow broader road filtering, e.g. View all road components at the top level.

Did you previously browse in the top level Road category, or Road Components? 

The featured adds really takes up the whole site... Or so it feels.

Very dominant

Also dislike the fact that chat email notification doesn't display the actual message.

We're looking at some streamlining of the ad layout on home page.... on mobile in particular it does make for a long scroll.

On chat messages, we can include the actual message in the email. One of the issues we found previously was the many people replied to the email notification expecting it to reply to the chat but it ended up going nowhere and left the discussion hanging. 

Not including the actual message will help address that, but we've had a number of requests to include it. We'll work on that.

In future we plan to allow seamless replies to chats (i.e. via email or via chat on the site).

Anything NEW is a mission to learn your way around.

It's taken a lot of clicking to figure things out...but I'm getting there.

So far it looks like an improvement... THANKS FOR THE UPGRADE.

(PS: some pics don't display when you click on them.

Stall_Gear said that he couldn't load some images and

some of his images don't display when selected.)

Thanks for the feedback, could you please share a link to an ad which is giving trouble. We'll take a look.

Ya pity. If we had subcategories structured differently - Mountain Biking - Complete bikes/frames/components/wheels... Layout looks great though. 

Are there specific views you'd want to see, e.g. "everything MTB" or mountain bike components?

The Log in from the classifieds section does not work?

Am I missing something....?

It should work seamlessly with your usual Bike Hub login. We'll take a look at possible issues with your account.

Looking good, like all upgrades it will be a work in progress. Is there any chance that we will be able to upload pics from the mobile site as it is a bit of a pain switching between mobile and desktop. This also leads to confusion in the system when your pc logs into the mobile site so you change to desktop and then when you next log in on your phone you go straight to desktop  :whistling:

Thanks for the feedback.

The forum has not yet been upgraded, but we're working towards updating the forum platform in early 2020. That will make your mobile experience far friendlier.

New site is looking great. Not too sure it this was mentioned but when viewing a classified you cannot click on the active ads by a user anymore to see what else they are selling.

This should be added today  :thumbup:

Just a heads up, I had to log in once for classifieds and once for the forums. It was not the same passwords, so I did the password reset on the classifieds account as it was not my previous password. Everything working again now once I am logged into both sides. 

Just a heads up, I had to log in once for classifieds and once for the forums. It was not the same passwords, so I did the password reset on the classifieds account as it was not my previous password. Everything working again now once I am logged into both sides. 

Thanks, it should have worked with exactly the same details but glad you're logged in.

If anyone has similar login issues please contact us via support@bikehub.co.za of hit Contact Support in the footer to initiate a support ticket/chat.

Nice to see a new fresh site well done guys - I'm sure there still some bugs to sort out, but hey what better business model when you have each member proofing your work for free.

Just a thought - Why don't you allow or enable cut and paste pictures in the body of post replies, having to upload each picture the old way is ..... well so yesterday.

On other forums I can open my snipping tool snip the picture or whatever i want to post and copy paste it into the body of my response post and post it - Voila easy and quick.

Just do it - make us happy

Nice to see a new fresh site well done guys - I'm sure there still some bugs to sort out, but hey what better business model when you have each member proofing your work for free.

Just a thought - Why don't you allow or enable cut and paste pictures in the body of post replies, having to upload each picture the old way is ..... well so yesterday.

On other forums I can open my snipping tool snip the picture or whatever i want to post and copy paste it into the body of my response post and post it - Voila easy and quick.

Just do it - make us happy

Thanks, it will take a couple of days to iron out the kinks, but we really do appreciate all the feedback. Although we had weeks of beta testing with a small pool of users there's nothing like real world feedback.

Regarding the forums, other than a slight visual change to the menu they're currently unchanged.

We do have a long awaited update in the pipeline for the forums expected in early 2020. This is just the first step in the process towards that. The forum update does improve image uploads, but we'll have to check on whether copy-paste is supported.

Thanks for the feedback. We are looking at bulk edit / management features among other features focused at "power users".

Don't you mean bikehub ® Premium users ?

I can’t login on my iPad - admittedly it was Steve Jobs prototype - works fine on phone and mac

Unfortunately older versions of Safari along with Internet Explorer and older Samsung Browsers won't display the site correctly.

We are looking at options to support at least some of these, Safari in particular.

Unfortunately older versions of Safari along with Internet Explorer and older Samsung Browsers won't display the site correctly.

We are looking at options to support at least some of these, Safari in particular.

All I’m getting from this is a green light to finally update my nearly 10 year old iPad that won’t die

Seems like the classifieds are loading slower n the new format, but might be my phone.

Also no comments on ads anymore?