• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Are you sure it’s slack wax?

it would make sense as it’s cheaper and less refined than paraffin wax 

Found it in one of the Safety data Sheets, Slack wax has more Lube in it.

You can Feel that Squirt is "Softer" than Paraffin wax. Made in Knysna. The Bearing man Stuff is also made in Knysna and the bottles are same Shape Different Colour. (Some Useless Info)

Google Go Wax Lube Safety Data Sheet.

I buy it from Cycle Lab.

Edited by dasilvarsa

23 minutes ago, dasilvarsa said:

Found it in one of the Safety data Sheets, Slack wax has more Lube in it.

You can Feel that Squirt is "Softer" than Paraffin wax. Made in Knysna. The Bearing man Stuff is also made in Knysna and the bottles are same Shape Different Colour. (Some Useless Info)

Google Go Wax Lube Safety Data Sheet.

I buy it from Cycle Lab.

Yes slack wax is higher in oil content , mostly paraffinic oil hence I prefer to use the more refined paraffin wax or candle wax also known as pharmaceutical wax. I can add back t own oil that has higher viscosity (film strength) and has a better mix of oil. Squirt would use the less refined cut of FT synthetic wax if they are still buying their wax from SASOL. It’s that FT wax that gives Squirt the edge

19 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

'Slack' wax ... no wonder my bikes are slow! Demmit ... so which lubes are not slack?

If you find out, let me know please.

Maybe the same place those lucky contaminated supplements can be found.

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

Yes slack wax is higher in oil content , mostly paraffinic oil hence I prefer to use the more refined paraffin wax or candle wax also known as pharmaceutical wax. I can add back t own oil that has higher viscosity (film strength) and has a better mix of oil. Squirt would use the less refined cut of FT synthetic wax if they are still buying their wax from SASOL. It’s that FT wax that gives Squirt the edge

I actually found that the Go Wax lube from Bearing Man Lasted a bit longer than Squirt and was a bit creamier to the feel. I'm back on Squirt from Cycle Lab and have stopped playing around anyway.

Guess who waxed his chains last night and got pissed on this morning ? 😅

Squirt on the road bike for the next couple of weeks it is 😮‍💨

• 1 month later...

So to hot melt wax a chain, to start off with, the chain needs to be cleaner than clean. how do you get it that clean if you dont have an ultrasonic bath? 

18 minutes ago, avatar said:

So to hot melt wax a chain, to start off with, the chain needs to be cleaner than clean. how do you get it that clean if you dont have an ultrasonic bath? 

Check out zero friction cycling's site, the best info you can find on waxing https://zerofrictioncycling.com.au/ 

For chain prep... https://zerofrictioncycling.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Chain-prep-Guide-Concise-v2.pdf

I've been using Enduro Seal's new hot wax. So far I'm impressed. This is my first experience with hot wax so unfortunately don't have anything to compare it to. 

33 minutes ago, Jono said:

I've been using Enduro Seal's new hot wax. So far I'm impressed. This is my first experience with hot wax so unfortunately don't have anything to compare it to. 

did not know that they have a product, good to know.

On 10/2/2023 at 12:03 PM, Jono said:

Where did you buy it from? I saw it their website but like I understand it, you need a retailer to buy it from.

25 minutes ago, avatar said:

Where did you buy it from? I saw it their website but like I understand it, you need a retailer to buy it from.

I got it from them directly. Pop them a message or give them a call 🤙