Santa Cruz - Tallboy - looking for owner

Rotiringer

Shocked no-one is bitching that the guy riding the bike isn't wearing a helmet....

Forget the helmet. Look at the size of that camelbak!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which part of the Main Road is that?

I would guess the part around Wynberg Pharmacy and sports betting places.

I was being timed by a bunch of lurkers past Sunday morning around 6am and sensed something was up when two of them crossed the street and another came closer to the road as I was approaching.I turned around and they yelled that I was lucky I had turn around.

Edited by Zub

I believe this guy just found it in the mountain. The one very likely scenario no one has thought about and almost everyone has done it.

Stop on the side of the trail leave your bike and go for a wizz and that's when he "found" it.

The unfortunate bugger being accused of fraud and what not had to walk home in cleats.????????

Who said its Wynberg?

Maybe you should re read the thread before you post!!!!

Edited by Eddy Gordo

There is a part of Wynberg that has got itself a reputation as a haven for all kind of criminal activities. If you don't know which area, just take your bike and ride down Main Road on your own. It starts where the hair on the back of your neck stands up, and it ends where it stops doing that.

So do I ride this part you speak about every year after the CTCT? I ride from the finish back to Fish Hoek.

post-58906-0-52725200-1578896650_thumb.png

Happy ending.

The owner has got in touch with me. I have forwarded his details to Rotiringer. Let's hope this has a good ending.

The owner has got in touch with me. I have forwarded his details to Rotiringer. Let's hope this has a good ending.

Presume this is the same guy who I showed the bike pic to..

So do I ride this part you speak about every year after the CTCT? I ride from the finish back to Fish Hoek.

attachicon.gifCapture1.PNG

On CTCT day it will be busy enough that I would not worry, but early morning on a weekend day, it is a bit lonely and I'll make sure I keep my eyes open and my pepper spray within easy reach. But then, the same can be said for other parts of Main Road also. I ride the bit through Woodstock and Salt River regularly, and although we have not had many problems there for the last few years, I tend to be more aware of my surroundings than usual.   

I believe this guy just found it in the mountain. The one very likely scenario no one has thought about and almost everyone has done it.

Stop on the side of the trail leave your bike and go for a wizz and that's when he "found" it.

The unfortunate bugger being accused of fraud and what not had to walk home in cleats.

about as believable as:

dog ate my homework

my twitter was hacked

I have never tested postivie for PEDs

On CTCT day it will be busy enough that I would not worry, but early morning on a weekend day, it is a bit lonely and I'll make sure I keep my eyes open and my pepper spray within easy reach. But then, the same can be said for other parts of Main Road also. I ride the bit through Woodstock and Salt River regularly, and although we have not had many problems there for the last few years, I tend to be more aware of my surroundings than usual.   

Ok so basically you telling me that I take a really dodgy route back? Problem is there isn't much more of an option to avoid the actual route, that we know of. As it is we have to ride part of the route from end of blue route.

Has the owner confirmed if the bike was stolen or lost......................?

Disappeared under mysterious circumstances from his garage while he was away -

So

- not "lost" on the mountain

- but stolen/ taken/ borrowed out of the garage

Disappeared under mysterious circumstances from his garage while he was away -

So

- not "lost" on the mountain

- but stolen/ taken/ borrowed out of the garage

Is the owner happy he is getting his bike back? or does he have a nice new 29er with 1x gearing?