Santa Cruz - Tallboy - looking for owner

Rotiringer

I haven't involved SAPS, I don't really have the time or inclination - my intention is to get the bike back to its owner and hoping the Hub community could be of assistance to make that happen. Thanks for the recommendation though. 

I'm only mentioning it from a legal perspective - assuming it's been reported stolen then I think the "recovery" has to include the police. You are taking on the role of the police - imagine you now give the bike to another criminal thinking it's the owner?  Suddenly you become liable for it (I don't know the correct legal terminology but I wouldn't want that risk). Your safest bet is to drop it off at a police station, post some pics on Facebook/Bikehub etc and move on.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder how he knew this. Would be interesting to see which place he was off to. Wonder if that certain place is getting its bad name back.

They are in Slumstead

I've come into possession of a Tallboy through odd circumstances in Kenilworth in Cape Town evening 9th Jan. It's a couple years old but in immaculate condition. See pic for detail. If it is yours or you know who's it is, connect with me and I'll get it back to you.[/size]

Well done Pal.

And when you reunite the bike with its owner. turn around raise your two middle fingers and tell these okes that are slating you for doing the right thing .....and hurting a poor tsotsies feelings to gufuckthemselves.

You did right.

Some people complain about crime. But when somebody does something about crime then they get all emotional.

Edited by Vetseun

I'm still not there .... I might need help ...

.... no got it .... thankfully cos that would have bothered me.

Hmm I have no clue. I guess it helps if you live there and know the shops.

I'm only mentioning it from a legal perspective - assuming it's been reported stolen then I think the "recovery" has to include the police. You are taking on the role of the police - imagine you now give the bike to another criminal thinking it's the owner? Suddenly you become liable for it (I don't know the correct legal terminology but I wouldn't want that risk). Your safest bet is to drop it off at a police station, post some pics on Facebook/Bikehub etc and move on.

He has no idea it is stolen. He bought it off a guy who found it. Why would he take it to the police.

BTW - if the story of it being found in the bushes is true (unlikely but possible), some oke could conceivably have dumped it and reported it stolen to get an insurance supported upgrade.

He has no idea it is stolen. He bought it off a guy who found it. Why would he take it to the police.

BTW - if the story of it being found in the bushes is true (unlikely but possible), some oke could conceivably have dumped it and reported it stolen to get an insurance supported upgrade.

Entirely feasible.Insurance fraud is huge and no more so than with bikes

Entirely feasible.Insurance fraud is huge and no more so than with bikes

...but then something happened that the Tallboy did not intend. It was picked up by the most unlikely creature imaginable: a bergie of the Table-Mountain...my,my precious...the suspense of this topic is killing me.