Santa Cruz - Tallboy - looking for owner

Rotiringer

He has no idea it is stolen. He bought it off a guy who found it. Why would he take it to the police.

BTW - if the story of it being found in the bushes is true (unlikely but possible), some oke could conceivably have dumped it and reported it stolen to get an insurance supported upgrade.

The only way you claim from insurance is by reporting it stolen to the police... Once again - the bike can only be recovered through SAPS. You are killing your own argument?

If it is stolen and he has not reported it then he could run into trouble - worth the risk? Not my decision obviously but wouldn't be worth it to me

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we know for a fact the owner of this bike did this for an insurance claim or is it just a theory from our local experts?

Been decided. The original owner is the ultimate criminal in this situation. A fraudster who belongs behind bars. The poor unfortunate oke that found the bike and was riding it is an innocent person who found the bike. He was actually on his way to hand it in at his local police station when it was so cruelly taken from him by this vigilante.

We need to find the original owner so that we can have a hub lynching.

The only way you claim from insurance is by reporting it stolen to the police... Once again - the bike can only be recovered through SAPS. You are killing your own argument?

If it is stolen and he has not reported it then he could run into trouble - worth the risk? Not my decision obviously but wouldn't be worth it to me

I’m not arguing boss - I’m just making wild theories

Do we really believe the bloke that this bike was just found on table mountain ????‍♂️

I've just read this article so I'm ready to believe anything

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/goop-candle-this-smells-like-my-vagina-is-sold-out-2020-1

Like the altar candles at the abbey? Good for load shedding perhaps? #avaginacanbeaphallicsymboltoo

But no - I don't believe that this guy found the bike on table mountain. I believe the bike is stolen property and if it were in my possession and no-one claimed it on this thread I would take it to the police station and hand it in there.

Do we really believe the bloke that this bike was just found on table mountain ‍♂

This thread certainly has been a rollercoaster of emotions.

This is what I have managed to keep track of:

- The bike was found by the suspicious rider

- The OP unfairly "stole" the bike from the suspicious rider and could himself now be arrested

- The suspicious rider was caught by the OP on his way to sell the bike to Neil's Cycles

- The bike was dumped by the original owner for an insurance claim.

I can't wait till season 2

has the bike any id frame numbers? might be worthwhile speaking to a local Santa Cruz dealership to see if they can help tracing the owner? 

Wonder how he knew this. Would be interesting to see which place he was off to. Wonder if that certain place is getting its bad name back. 

There is a part of Wynberg that has got itself a reputation as a haven for all kind of criminal activities. If you don't know which area, just take your bike and ride down Main Road on your own. It starts where the hair on the back of your neck stands up, and it ends where it stops doing that.

There is a part of Wynberg that has got itself a reputation as a haven for all kind of criminal activities. If you don't know which area, just take your bike and ride down Main Road on your own. It starts where the hair on the back of your neck stands up, and it ends where it stops doing that.

Which part of the Main Road is that?