UCI DH World Cup 2020 - 2021 Season

Hairy

Just now, Trashy said:

I watched it live on Red Bull TV. No VPN used.

Not the World Champs .. that is Geo Blocked thanks to Supersport 

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

I'm grateful for that info! Will it still be on RBTV though?

I'll just remember to turn the VPN for that...

13 minutes ago, Trashy said:

I'm grateful for that info! Will it still be on RBTV though?

I'll just remember to turn the VPN for that...

It will be on RedbullTV yes, just select a country that works ... It think I used Austria last Worlds.

21 hours ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

Might I recommend Windscribe .. I think it is 2 gigs of free usage a month.

More like 10 gigs bru

On 8/16/2021 at 3:35 PM, Hairy said:

Nope, not Supersport. The UCI and host nation dictate media rights on World Champs as it's a totally separate event to the World Cup events, much like Olympics.

More often than not it gives an appreciation for the level of work RBM put in.

There were quite a few injuries this weekend but I suspect Armoury Pierron will be back for the worlds at least. 

2 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

Nope, not Supersport. The UCI and host nation dictate media rights on World Champs as it's a totally separate event to the World Cup events, much like Olympics.

More often than not it gives an appreciation for the level of work RBM put in.

Supersport pay for the rights to have the sole broadcasting of the World Champs....if they did not, and SABC also did not take it up then surely the event would have been a free broadcast on RedbullTV again.

And yes, RedbullTV is just flipping amazing, and their production quality increases with every season.

58 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Supersport pay for the rights to have the sole broadcasting of the World Champs....if they did not, and SABC also did not take it up then surely the event would have been a free broadcast on RedbullTV again.

And yes, RedbullTV is just flipping amazing, and their production quality increases with every season.

Nope, not necessarily. An agency will broker airtime to broadcasters/streaming providers. Based on the terms and rates it depends on what the prospective client will take. Doubt SS are paying for sole rights. RedBullTV have zero involvement with World Champs.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I guess this belongs in the Enduro thread, but I wonder if the DHI riders use a brake sensor to help them analyse their speed (when braking) on the descent.

https://www.brakeace.com/

Lots of the (pro) riders have a data acquisition bike / bits they use during practice, so probably :)

1 hour ago, Danger Dassie said:

Lesotho and Botswana in the streaming/ broadcast mix. SA gets a nut again. Supersport only, unless you VPN for the RedbullTV livestream.

Good news that RedbullTV are one of the providers at least.

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/how-to-watch-the-2021-mountain-bike-world-championships-from-val-di-sole.html?fbclid=IwAR1v62jM1eTKbIdM6EmfOHiZfE9WRN6gtKM_pYJbxxHlvsvzJzKQJopxMDA

Hey, I am 1% certain that the commentary on Supersport will be superb! 

Watch out later today for youtube vids of the practice session. VitalMTB is a good source as well as MTBNews.de's channel and the individual riders like Kerr, Fairclough and co. 

so annoying, I tried every single country my VPN has and they all georestricted....