UCI DH World Cup 2020 - 2021 Season

Hairy

I've already started making peace with cycling events not happening this year, fewer and fewer opportunities and the fewer events there are the higher the effective risk for each is

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least we are starting to get test sessions

They should just have lots of #notarace's. The riders are already there. Pick a track and go #notrace it 

Les Get just cancelled. Lets just cancel this year and hope 2021 is better...

This is making me wonder about early 2021 in SA ....

Edited by ChrisF

• 1 month later...

This is making me wonder about early 2021 in SA ....

We (CSA) have plans already in place for the National DH Cup series and SA Champs DH to happen early in 2021. I have 3 of 4 venues lined up already with the 4th province confirmed last night. ... Dates for the first races will be revealed soon.. but 2 of the venues will have lift access.. also we are in talks to have the first round of the cup series ranked as a UCI cat 2 event so that our guys and girls can get UCI points for their world cup campaigns.

As for Enduro. ... Although we had to cancel the SA Champs for 2020. The same venue will host for 2021 and it's going to be INSANE. Also some lift access. And possibly a SA E-Enduro Champs too.

All will be revealed soon once I have stuff signed off.

seeing as we have no 2020 footage

Wow, those handlebars are narrow! Bikes and courses have changed a lot over the years.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/final-results-french-downhill-national-championships.html

Its not WC, yet, but top drawer racing nonetheless. Seems like Amaury P is having a bad run of luck this year and B Coulange is killing the other Frenchies. 

EWS Zermat coming up at the end of the month too. Yay.  Anyone interested in the #enduro method and bike development should subscribe to Lewis Buchanan's youtube channel. The guy is crazy fast.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/final-results-french-downhill-national-championships.html

Its not WC, yet, but top drawer racing nonetheless. Seems like Amaury P is having a bad run of luck this year and B Coulange is killing the other Frenchies.

EWS Zermat coming up at the end of the month too. Yay. Anyone interested in the #enduro method and bike development should subscribe to Lewis Buchanan's youtube channel. The guy is crazy fast.

And I saw a clip of loic on course and he was going faaaaaast... To only come in second!

So Pardon me, but when are we actually going to see some racing? It looks like we will have to wait until the end of September then.. 

2020 UCI MTB World Cup calendar

Or is this it: 

Date Competition Country Venue Class  15 Oct-16 Oct 2020 MERCEDES-BENZ UCI MTB WORLD CUP - DHI

SLO

Maribor CDM 17 Oct-18 Oct 2020 MERCEDES-BENZ UCI MTB WORLD CUP - DHI

SLO

Maribor CDM 29 Oct-30 Oct 2020 MERCEDES-BENZ UCI MTB WORLD CUP - DHI

POR

Lousa CDM 31 Oct-01 Nov 2020 MERCEDES-BENZ UCI MTB WORLD CUP - DHI

POR

Lousa CDM

Edited by Bos

• 4 weeks later...

So Pardon me, but when are we actually going to see some racing? It looks like we will have to wait until the end of September then.. 

2020 UCI MTB World Cup calendar

Or is this it: 

Date Competition Country Venue Class  15 Oct-16 Oct 2020 MERCEDES-BENZ UCI MTB WORLD CUP - DHI

SLO

Maribor CDM 17 Oct-18 Oct 2020 MERCEDES-BENZ UCI MTB WORLD CUP - DHI

SLO

Maribor CDM 29 Oct-30 Oct 2020 MERCEDES-BENZ UCI MTB WORLD CUP - DHI

POR

Lousa CDM 31 Oct-01 Nov 2020 MERCEDES-BENZ UCI MTB WORLD CUP - DHI

POR

Lousa CDM

So we're still getting 4 WC races and a World Champs. Not too shabby.