Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

Kelvin Irvine it was unfortunately not possible for us to communicate any of these details earlier as the regulations were only received late last week and we had to run them past all our stakeholders and the legal team before we could post and share with our participants.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

The City complies with the CSA guidelines, and you blame them of a "money making racket" ....

Stop faffing about and get vaccinated

Who said I am not vaccinated?????

Just now, TCTG said:

Because CT marathon paying for the tests if u not vaccinated.

CSA rules apply to cycling events, so no reason for the City to pick up this cost.

Much like international sporting events.

Just another nudge to get more to get the jab.

Let's see what Comrades does the next time round .... 

No freebies .... the rest of us pay more entry fees if events need to cover the cost of these tests ....

No freebies .... the rest of us pay more entry fees if events need to cover the cost of these tests ....

Where did you extract this one from? rest of us...who are you talking about and where have you seen costs escalate?

16 minutes ago, ouzo said:

The comments on social media are typical entitlement. Had they not put protocols in place and had to call the event off there would have been even more outcry. 

simple, you want to ride, then comply. 

Well said.

For interest sake .... counting back from 10 October, 7 days + 42 days .... very small window and very few in the 18 to 35 age group that will be fully vaccinated.

But you are 100% correct, at least they did manage to put it together.

48 minutes ago, TCTG said:

Another money making racket for the City....

REGISTRATION COVID-19 PROTOCOLS

In line with permissions received from the relevant authorities, the following mandatory protocols will be in place during Registration which precedes the event on 10 October 2021.

All participants will need to be fully vaccinated or undergo a Rapid Antigen Test, which must return a negative result, before they can register for the 2021 Cape Town Cycle Tour.
Participants are considered to be fully vaccinated if:
– they have had two doses of the Pfizer vaccine (with the second dose having been received a minimum of 7 days prior to the event)
or
– they have received one dose of the J&J vaccine (at least a minimum of 28 days before the event).

Proof of vaccination: Participants will be required to prove their vaccination status by either showing their vaccination card together with personal identification or, in the case of international participants, their vaccination bar code.
If you are collecting race packs on behalf of another participant you will need to present a copy of their proof of vaccination documents and a copy of their ID document.
Participants not fully vaccinated or unvaccinated : In the case of participants who have not been fully vaccinated or are unvaccinated, Rapid Antigen Tests (that take 15 minutes) will be conducted at Registration and must return a negative result before participants can collect their numbers. The cost of this test is for the account of the participant and will be R250.00
In the event that a participant shows a negative Rapid Antigen Test, but is displaying Covid-19 symptoms such as a fever or feeling unwell, the participant will be required to undergo a PCR Test with a negative result before they are allowed to register. This must be undertaken separately by the participant.

So if I understand it correctly I do not count as being vaccinated if I got vaccinated 20 days before the event?

Edited by PappaWatTrap

17 minutes ago, PappaWatTrap said:

So if I understand it correctly I do not count as being vaccinated if I got vaccinated 20 days before the event?

J&J + 28 days

Pfizer BOTH jabs + 7 days after last jab

59 minutes ago, TCTG said:

Kelvin Irvine it was unfortunately not possible for us to communicate any of these details earlier as the regulations were only received late last week and we had to run them past all our stakeholders and the legal team before we could post and share with our participants.

CSA rules only came into effect on 21 September 2021

20 minutes ago, PappaWatTrap said:

yes that's how i read it as well. either way you will pay the R250 for the RAT

J&J + 28 days

Pfizer BOTH jabs + 7 days after last jab

I got j&j’d 13 sept. 10 October is precisely 28 days if you count 13/09 and 10/10.  That’s cutting it fine. 

1 minute ago, ouzo said:

I got j&j’d 13 sept. 10 October is precisely 28 days if you count 13/09 and 10/10.  That’s cutting it fine. 

Same day I got my 2nd Pfizer .... :)