Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

31 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

or they should refund those who do not wish to pay the R250 for the test as again, when the guys paid their entry fee, the rule of being vaxxed was not in the T&Cs.

Refer to point 4.2 of the T&C's. None of us signed up for a lockdown in 2020, but it's law so we have to comply. Same in this case.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Titleist said:

The whole point of taking the vaccination is to get the world back to normal again. Why should the vaxxed be treated the same way as the un-vaxxed or anti-vaxxers? The un-vaxxed and anti-vaxxers cannot have their bread jammed on both sides. Vaxxed > anti/un-vaxxed, period.

Agree, just get the damn vaccine asap !!!  The sooner we hit >60%, the sooner we can go back to normal !!!

9 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

I wonder how long this thread has left..... tik tok tik toc 

Agree. But I do think Admin can at least just give a courtesy warning to those posters that a certain taboo topic should not be discussed anymore before they go ahead and completely close a thread. Especially one as on-topic for cyclists as this one on the CTCT.

(ONCE AGAIN to those hammering on about it: Debating the protocols the organizers were FORCED to put in place on this thread is not going to change it. Move on already) 

Edited by Vetplant
Spelling

See all the crowds watching the race in Flanders yesterday -- nary a mask in sight, happy people cheering wildly, laughing in each other's faces, blowing trumpets aerosolysing (sp) micro droplets of spittle which settle over the crowd ..... wanna play like that again?

Vaccinating 72% of their population allows them to do that while we mask up and think twice before kissing our mothers. 

Edit to add -

.... unless we also reach that target there seems to be a chance that their freedom won't last so 2022 or maybe 2023 world champs we might see spectatorless coverage.

Edited by Mamil

5 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

What's the wind looking like for race day?

Probably horrible

5 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

I've seen you rolling around the Peninsula quite often in recent times, Any chance I can hide behind you  on race day? 

92kg throws a good draught but I think you might get frustrated at the pace!

Stop me and say hello next time

Edited by Mamil

9 minutes ago, Mamil said:

92kg throws a good draught but I think you might get frustrated at the pace!

Stop me and say hello next time

I'm a helluva lot shorter than you and not much lighter than you currently, I've got form 300km+ a week training to quite possibly not even 300km in the past 2 months in total, So the pace might even be too hot to handle currently. Hopefully I'll see you on the road on race day or perhaps even before then.

2 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

Too early too tell. Hell's it's Cape Town... it'll be too early to tell, even when you're in your chute.

This is a fact.

Edited by FootballingCyclist

1 hour ago, FootballingCyclist said:

The test is in the interest of of everyone's safety, Correct? Well how is testing only those who are not vaxxed safew for everyone when again, even if you ARE vaxxed you may still be carrying and may still contract the virus? If the CT trust feel that they need to then test only the unvaxxed, then that should be at the cost of the organizers as I'm sure it will not be more than 20% of the entrants or they should refund those who do not wish to pay the R250 for the test as again, when the guys paid their entry fee, the rule of being vaxxed was not in the T&Cs.

Again, vaccination is not a guarantee but it reduces the risk. The option of a test is a concession to those who do not want to / cant vaccinate

The safety of those around us is not only the responsibility of the organisors but also of all participants

I for one are not going to miss the presence of individuals around me who feels entitled not to get vaccinated and refuse to pay for the test, if one is anal about t&c's and jumping through unexpected hoops then maybe don't enter a mass participation event in a worldwide pandemic?

50 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

Too early too tell. Hell's it's Cape Town... it'll be too early to tell, even when you're in your chute.

Sunday morning I left home just before sunrise. ..... cool, but clear morning, perfect cycling weather.  1 hour later cloud cover came in, bringing in a nasty chill, but still no wind.  By lunch time the cloud cover was gone, nice moderate temperatures .... but one nasty wind picking up pace ....

Welcome to Cape Town, where we have four seasons in one day.  :whistling:

Guys, I will be staying at the protea hotel at the waterfront. Any chilled rides taking place on Saturday the 9th from close to the? Would be keen to meet some of you.