Joburg Classic

OG Imports

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a mail saying entries close tonight.................. Not postponed, yet. Really keen but not going to risk it at this stage.

I just got a mail saying entries close tonight.................. Not postponed, yet. Really keen but not going to risk it at this stage.

Got caught out on Tshwane Classic. Was going ahead until one week after entries closed. Eventually got offered a refund after a couple of emails.

I will henceforth only consider events with race-day entry options.

Fool me once...

Entered beginning of the year for the original event in April. Entry still stands so will just wait and see closer to the date.

Really hope that it does go ahead as would like to get a race under the belt for this year. Was planing on doing satelite classic, but the date clashes with our daughter graduation so guess that is a no no.

Talk of further restrictions in the press. NCC meeting this week IIRC. After the the Tshwane Classic thing and the fact that Hectic Promotions decided to simply keep the money in the meantime, I decided not to enter this. Odds are fair of the same thing happening again.

"When the government decides to change"

Does Lenie know something we don't?

Jip, was yet another reference yesterday that Cyril is speaking to his team and will address the nation in due course ....

They are noting the European numbers .... France has 92% occupancy in their ICU's.  Belgim  and Netherlands are transfering critically ill patients to Germany fro treatment ..... things are NOT looking good in Europe at the moment., with many countries showing figures 4 to 5 times higher than during the first wave.

NOTE - I was in a Teams meeting with a gent from Switzerland yesterday .... first time round people co-operated .... this time people are ignoring requests for social distancing .....  During the first wave they peaked at 1000 new cases per day, and 70 deaths per day.  Currently they record 10 000 to 15 000 new cases per day, and more than 100 deaths per day.

All that said, the SA figures are remaining steady, and have been doing so since September, despite the increase in the Eastern Cape.  Until there is a real increase in numbers in SA, they cant make any changes to the current rules ....

And then we have the press release from Phiser about possible medication .....  Things can go either way from here .... let's HOPE for the best !!

Got an advert in our club WA chat showing Ride for Sight is now in April. That is one event that I will support, race or no race - they can keep my money if the event is cancelled.

We still have our entry for the MalutiD90 that has been carried over, so that makes a good April i.t.o. racing.

Got an advert in our club WA chat showing Ride for Sight is now in April. That is one event that I will support, race or no race - they can keep my money if the event is cancelled.

We still have our entry for the MalutiD90 that has been carried over, so that makes a good April i.t.o. racing.

Damn, always used to use that one for CTCT seeding and as a good judge of the fitness.