Will you still be traveling/riding

T_Boss

Rehearse this phrase "Honey, can you believe there was a stock out on polyfilla and paint? Selfish buggers are stock-piling..."

My Mrs already said that I must make sure to get enough Polyfilla and paint to do all those "little" repair jobs around the house that I have escaped for years by cycling away from them. :blush:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There’s an exception to every rule, doesn’t mean the rule isn’t still applicable.

What rule is that then?

And before this goes any further just take in the fact that I have assisted maybe 15 people off the trails in Tokai since the start of the year. Most needed some sort of hospital treatment. Potentially adding to the burden on hospitals and ambulance services right now would be incredibly selfish.

Edited by marko35s

What rule is that then?

That flowy singletrack is "safe" and "low risk"

It's not. It's the most dangerous of all, due to the speed you can carry. On technical trails you need to go slower, therefore lower inertial damage to your body if you come off and you have more time to react. If you come off on a flow trail, you're more likely to be going fast and come off very badly. 

Unless you're me and you come off at 4kmph and snap the neck of your femur. Like a numpty.

That flowy singletrack is "safe" and "low risk"

It's not. It's the most dangerous of all, due to the speed you can carry. On technical trails you need to go slower, therefore lower inertial damage to your body if you come off and you have more time to react. If you come off on a flow trail, you're more likely to be going fast and come off very badly. 

Unless you're me and you come off at 4kmph and snap the neck of your femur. Like a numpty.

Ouch. I had a slow speed fall like that recently and a bruise on my shin :blush:

My question still is , Is it illegal to cycle outside during the lockdown alone?

After a year basically off the bike and 4 operations I WANT TO RIDE

Edited by Mailman7412

My question still is , Is it illegal to cycle outside during the lockdown alone?

After a year basically off the bike and 4 operations I WANT TO RIDE

NO! Why is that so hard to grasp. Stay inside your property. There are bigger things going on than your ride.

NO! Why is that so hard to grasp. Stay inside your property. There are bigger things going on than your ride.

thank you I think everyone understands that. Its really not that difficult. 

What i am asking is the legal position

Best regards

So I was under exactly the same impression but the latest press briefing by Mkhize says it is OK to go for walks and walk the dog as long that is not done in groups. Do think that puts a different light on the whole "can we ride" question.

Think we will get some sort of clarification on these matters over the next couple of days.

Jip going out at 4:30 no traffic and less people, so its sort off isolation ride alone. No contact with people just myself, fortunately our company working through this time. We part off the food packaging supply network, that needs to keep going.

thank you I think everyone understands that. Its really not that difficult. 

What i am asking is the legal position

Best regards

It is not legal.

Can you afford to have your bike taken away from you - insurance won't cover.?

Jip going out at 4:30 no traffic and less people, so its sort off isolation ride alone. No contact with people just myself, fortunately our company working through this time. We part off the food packaging supply network, that needs to keep going.

Always one

Then you are breaking the law and deserve what is coming your way

So I was under exactly the same impression but the latest press briefing by Mkhize says it is OK to go for walks and walk the dog as long that is not done in groups. Do think that puts a different light on the whole "can we ride" question.

Think we will get some sort of clarification on these matters over the next couple of days.

You are under the wrong impression and that was recinded later in the day to there is no walking dogs or jogging or going out.... perhaps you prefer to have selective eyesight as it has been discussed on here, in social media and on the news at length!

The final signed off decree is also on one of the covid threads for download that clearly states no going out for pleasure jols

Edited by shaper

You are under the wrong impression and that was recinded later in the day to there is no walking dogs or jogging or going out.... perhaps you prefer to have selective eyesight as it has been discussed on here, in social media and on the news at length!

The final signed off decree is also on one of the covid threads for download that clearly states no going out for pleasure jols

And maybe you should check the date stamp on my post before starting the lecture