Will you still be traveling/riding

T_Boss

We had already planned our annual time share in the berg for next week, so we will still be doing that, and riding/running/hiking for sure...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still riding , but avoiding snot rockets like the plague .....oh ya , they are the plague .

We supposed to fly to CT for a wedding , which is still on ( only 60 people ) .

However will wait for updates on whether flying is still advisable closer to the time .

My theory is we need to stay fit and healthy, and cycling on your own or small trusted groups with min contact is one of the best ways to do it.  Orders of magnitude less potential exposure than a gym.  If no one can touch your stuff and you're not close enough for airborne particles you are good.

The european ban on cycling etc seems to be based on the hospital doesn't want to deal with your issues if you crash and need medical. Not anything to do with transmission risks.

I will continue riding with mates as normal .

Also taking the opportunity of getting my 13 year old son a bit fitter over the holidays - mountain biking a school sport and he hasn't been on his bike since July last year.

He loved all the snake trails into Vasbyt etc on the weekend and reckons that he wants to get up to the Blockhouse before the next term starts.

do kids need an Activity card / permit to ride on T M?

No more travelling for business for me. But we've a short holiday in April, and maybe planning a long weekend camping to some secluded area by end of April.

I'm still planning on going to the gym though, until they shut their doors, but mostly on the quieter days. Obviously no class or group activities, but it's not like I ever did those anyway. Just increase hygiene and such and hope for the best.

My theory is we need to stay fit and healthy, and cycling on your own or small trusted groups with min contact is one of the best ways to do it.  Orders of magnitude less potential exposure than a gym.  If no one can touch your stuff and you're not close enough for airborne particles you are good.

snip

watch how EVERYONE will want to ride front of pack now.

news just in:

Covid-19 kills off wheel sucking

^_^ 

Will still ride. I'm solo 99% of the time anyway.

What concerns me though is if they go full lockdown like spain etc. 

I've got a dumb indoor trainer, but I'll have to come up with very creative ways to make spending more than 30 minutes on it bearable.

Have a look at GCN on youtube, they have some good training videos, like virtual training classes, vary in length and type. If you use a downloader, you only have to use bandwidth once.

do kids need an Activity card / permit to ride on T M?

Yes

Paying R90 (or whatever it is) per entry sucks the fun out of the ride.

Especially if its only a few km each time...

I am nervous/concerned about TMNP closing Tokai and Silvermine...

That would suck, but at least there is Table Mountain, Greenbelts & Kirstenbosh

We are not in lockdown completely here in Germany so will go riding in beautifull spring weather.  Should they lockdown then it would be IDT for me  :unsure:

I will ride, small groups or solo until I either take ill or until the medical facilities start to take strain with patient volumes. A crash requiring medical attention will not be a pleasant thing in a context of overcrowded and under resourced hospitals.

At that point I will restrict myself to my new Kickr Core which I ordered before the potential restriction / elimination of income.

Stoksielalleen is how I usually ride so nothing changes for me ... the very few riders I do with others is not more than 2 or riders anyway

If there were to be a lockdown, now that would be a monumental stuff up, indoor training is from the devil and that's a fact! To such an extent I'd rather take my chances with the virus as my mate PJ said to me recently [emoji12]

Stoksielalleen is how I usually ride so nothing changes for me ... the very few riders I do with others is not more than 2 or riders anyway

If there were to be a lockdown, now that would be a monumental stuff up, indoor training is from the devil and that's a fact! To such an extent I'd rather take my chances with the virus as my mate PJ said to me recently [emoji12]

I like my trainer.....

Also, I suppose it's not YOU who probably has to worry about the virus. It's the people you might come in contact with if unknowingly infected.

As a semi fit person you are in almost no danger, but you might be responsible for the death of your parents/grandparents or those of your colleagues/domestic worker etc.

So you are probably under zero threat, but the spreading of the virus is what needs to be curbed.

We are all still obsessed with 'catching it' while we should be thinking about not spreading it