Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

I see Zweli didn't mention cycling... Sorry chaps.. You're all gonna have to come to the dark side and start running... There's even a bikehub strava group! [emoji23][emoji16]

This morning I saw about 7 runners running solo. All the cyclists were in groups of two or more. They better stay home.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lockdown is taking away freedom. Why take away my freedom to exercise alone outside? Why is this ok in many other countries?

I’d rather live long and prosper than put myself at risk. But each to their own. Enjoy whatever you do dude.

Because as long we stay away from groups then it is a good thing to go and exercise outside. Why limit freedom unnecessarily?

Lockdown is taking away freedom. Why take away my freedom to exercise alone outside? Why is this ok in many other countries?

Because we are all in this sh$t show together and people have the attitude of "Well, if he is dong that, then I can do this".....do we want this problem under control or not?

I see Zweli didn't mention cycling... Sorry chaps.. You're all gonna have to come to the dark side and start running... There's even a bikehub strava group! [emoji23][emoji16]

I think it is obvious that if running is allowed then cycling is also allowed.

Because we are all in this sh$t show together and people have the attitude of "Well, if he is dong that, then I can do this".....do we want this problem under control or not?

Why is it working fine in other countries? It is besides the point, we are allowed to jog outside, Im sure cycling is also included. Sense prevailed.

I think it is obvious that if running is allowed then cycling is also allowed.

You see! Here we go! :devil: 

You see! Here we go! :devil: 

Shame man people are so scared and obedient, go outside for a ride and breath the fresh lockdown air to clear the mind.

Why is it working fine in other countries? It is besides the point, we are allowed to jog outside, Im sure cycling is also included. Sense prevailed.

Which countries is it working fine? By that I mean a country that has allowed people to go outside running or riding and have now beaten this ******* virus?

Well it was made pretty clear here that when the people move outside practising their sport they must keep their distance.  If the do not managed it and ignore it the Goverment will go into full lockdown that you will not be allowed to go jog or ride your bike outside.  So the ball is in the hands of the citizens.

Which countries is it working fine? By that I mean a country that has allowed people to go outside running or riding and have now beaten this ******* virus?

Some governments, ours included, seems to have some sense to realize that freedom of movement should not be limited unnecessarily.

Some governments, ours included, seems to have some sense to realize that freedom of movement should not be limited unnecessarily.

Freedom of movement is exactly whats causing the spread. This is not the time to be selfish.

Shame man people are so scared and obedient, go outside for a ride and breath the fresh lockdown air to clear the mind.

I think you can remove the obedient bit from this! If there is one thing we are good at in South Africa its dodging the rules and the laws!

Just heard on Cape Talk that you are allowed to go for a walk or a run. From minister of health I think.

Freedom of movement is exactly whats causing the spread. This is not the time to be selfish.

Wrong it is contact with people that is spreading the virus. This is not the time to be unreasonable.