Zwift broken?

herrowpreeze

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, between the WACS cable (depending on your ISP) and the huge number of people on Zwift due to the various lockdowns, plus everyone and their cat, dog, etc streaming, there will be some issues unfortunately.

I was also able to get in just fine earlier, but things seem to have gotten worse since then.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone, new to Zwift and finished my first structured session off Training Peaks this morning on my iPad Air (2020) - when saving the ride the App completely froze up and there was no upload to Strava or Training Peaks.

I am gonna do a more chilled later later and to test out again - any ideas on how I can avoid this?

Hi Everyone, new to Zwift and finished my first structured session off Training Peaks this morning on my iPad Air (2020) - when saving the ride the App completely froze up and there was no upload to Strava or Training Peaks.

I am gonna do a more chilled later later and to test out again - any ideas on how I can avoid this?

Uploading could take a while depending on your upstream speed.

I have had issues uploading before, you should be able to pick up the file from connecting your Ipad to a PC, using the file sharing browser in Itunes to go to the Zwift app, and accessing your workout files. These can then be uploaded to strava/trainingpeaks as required.

If it saved the activity to Zwift itself, then you can just download a fit file from that activity and upload to other platforms. 

I have also had a freeze Sunday... on km 87! Nothing worked. Eventually powered down Ipad and went into zwift again just to see what it says - and it gave me an option to continue. It teleported me somewhat, but at least I could continue the ride from a slightly different point and saved fine after that. So maybe that option presents itself to you as well.

Uploading could take a while depending on your upstream speed.

I have had issues uploading before, you should be able to pick up the file from connecting your Ipad to a PC, using the file sharing browser in Itunes to go to the Zwift app, and accessing your workout files. These can then be uploaded to strava/trainingpeaks as required.

Thanks for the insights - I followed some instructions and actually mailed the .fit file to myself and even tried fiddling around with it on https://www.fitfiletools.com but seems completely corrupted...

Very annoying...

If it saved the activity to Zwift itself, then you can just download a fit file from that activity and upload to other platforms. 

I have also had a freeze Sunday... on km 87! Nothing worked. Eventually powered down Ipad and went into zwift again just to see what it says - and it gave me an option to continue. It teleported me somewhat, but at least I could continue the ride from a slightly different point and saved fine after that. So maybe that option presents itself to you as well.

I deleted Zwift off my iPad this morning afterwards and will try another session later! Looking at some forums on the internet we are not alone with this kind of issue... Fortunately I also recorded Power & HR on my Garmin so all is not lost! 

I got the kids in bed early last night, hoping to get a good Alpe climb in.. but Zwift just didn't want to log in. This was around 19h00 Kept on saying "internet problem" but the PC could clearly access other sites via the internet. After 30mins of restarts and retries I gave up frustrated.

Anybody else have issues recently?

Here's what I have noticed about Zwift and Rouvy: They both chew bandwidth and RAM like there is no tomorrow. I have an I7 Asus Zenbook UX305 (apparently quite a machine) along with 10MB/s fibre and even this laptop sounds like a Boeing hurling down the runway when I open one of the above. It would be interesting to see what the CPU usage is with Zwift running, I never checked but it would be interesting  :).  

I also read somewhere that there has been some fibre / internet issues lately, it could possibly be that the service provider throttles the bandwidth of sites / apps using too much resources to operate. 

Cant one download routes on Zwift? Again, I have never tried  ;)  

I got the kids in bed early last night, hoping to get a good Alpe climb in.. but Zwift just didn't want to log in. This was around 19h00 Kept on saying "internet problem" but the PC could clearly access other sites via the internet. After 30mins of restarts and retries I gave up frustrated.

Was working perfectly by 18.00