Zwift broken?

herrowpreeze

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I have noticed about Zwift and Rouvy: They both chew bandwidth and RAM like there is no tomorrow. I have an I7 Asus Zenbook UX305 (apparently quite a machine) along with 10MB/s fibre and even this laptop sounds like a Boeing hurling down the runway when I open one of the above. It would be interesting to see what the CPU usage is with Zwift running, I never checked but it would be interesting  :).  

I also read somewhere that there has been some fibre / internet issues lately, it could possibly be that the service provider throttles the bandwidth of sites / apps using too much resources to operate. 

Cant one download routes on Zwift? Again, I have never tried  ;)  

So back in the day, peeps with adsl lines etc used to start the ride connected, disconnect their cable from their machines or switch off their phone wifi, this then removes all the other riders on the world, leaving you alone. you ride your route/do your workout and then re-connect before you end the ride. the workout is then uploaded to all platforms.

Have never tried this personally.

There is a new release, which means this may all be resolved once updated. 

Here's what I have noticed about Zwift and Rouvy: They both chew bandwidth and RAM like there is no tomorrow. I have an I7 Asus Zenbook UX305 (apparently quite a machine) along with 10MB/s fibre and even this laptop sounds like a Boeing hurling down the runway when I open one of the above. It would be interesting to see what the CPU usage is with Zwift running, I never checked but it would be interesting  :).  

I've opened Activity Monitor on my Mac when Zwift is running and it was about 10%.

I also read somewhere that there has been some fibre / internet issues lately, it could possibly be that the service provider throttles the bandwidth of sites / apps using too much resources to operate. 

HIJACK ON

Robert, what size screen do you have?

Hijack off

There are a couple of tricks and tips on this page on how to retrieve a lost ride - https://zwiftinsider.com/retrieve-lost-ride/  

I haven't experienced issues since my ride on Tuesday morning... What I have realised is that my ride doesn't upload as quickly as my usual outdoor Garmin ride syncing to Garmin Connect/Strava/Training Peaks - Zwift takes muuuuuuuuch longer so I just leave it running, shower, come back and it's done!

The Companion App does seem to cause some issues though sometimes though with ending a ride... From what I can see on the Net.

I got the kids in bed early last night, hoping to get a good Alpe climb in.. but Zwift just didn't want to log in. This was around 19h00 Kept on saying "internet problem" but the PC could clearly access other sites via the internet. After 30mins of restarts and retries I gave up frustrated.

Anybody else have issues recently?

I had the same "Login" problem on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons this week. Wednesday I gave up on the session as I figured it was my internet. Both days it was at about 3pm.

Yesterday I spent more time fixing it. I had to connect to my phones hotspot to get Zwift logged in. After that I hopped back onto my fibre and everything ran fine.

If it's not fixed this afternoon I might break something!

I'm running Zwift on an Intel NUC i3 with 16Gb of RAM and it runs perfectly - I have noticed that Zwift wouldn't connect via Wi-FI (20Mb fibre line from Hellkom) even though I had perfect connectivity for other web pages. Solved this issue by running a network cable from the router to the NUC.

I've also noticed that it sometimes doesn't save rides if the companion app is open at the end of a ride so I always close it before the end of the ride and end the ride using the PC mouse.

I think there were some delays during the peak of lockdown with uploads to Strava/Garming/TP due to their servers being under abnormal load but this seems to be back to normal now... well for me it is at least. 

I'm running Zwift on an Intel NUC i3 with 16Gb of RAM and it runs perfectly - I have noticed that Zwift wouldn't connect via Wi-FI (20Mb fibre line from Hellkom) even though I had perfect connectivity for other web pages. Solved this issue by running a network cable from the router to the NUC.

I've also noticed that it sometimes doesn't save rides if the companion app is open at the end of a ride so I always close it before the end of the ride and end the ride using the PC mouse.

I think there were some delays during the peak of lockdown with uploads to Strava/Garming/TP due to their servers being under abnormal load but this seems to be back to normal now... well for me it is at least. 

Thanks, might be worth trying on my side as the PC is on Wifi...Wil try the direct LAN Cable. Used to have one, but the rodents chowed it. Our new cat needs to grow up quickly and earn her dinner pronto.

I am using an entry level NUC, wifi to an ADSL router.

so far so good ... touch wood !

I haven't experienced issues since my ride on Tuesday morning... What I have realised is that my ride doesn't upload as quickly as my usual outdoor Garmin ride syncing to Garmin Connect/Strava/Training Peaks - Zwift takes muuuuuuuuch longer so I just leave it running, shower, come back and it's done!

The Companion App does seem to cause some issues though sometimes though with ending a ride... From what I can see on the Net.

Zwift updated before today's ride ....

The ride was fine.  Though it still has not uploaded to STRAVA, nor to GarminConnect, it is on the the Zwift platform....

Wonder if they have a gremlin in their latest software .....  Guess we will see another update soon ...