Are bicycle shops open?

Shaik

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered two new bikes online earlier this week and it was shipped yesterday.  A big bike for me and a small balance bike for my baby.  I am not naming the shop on a public forum, because I am not sure If they followed any legal routes to do so.

I ordered two new bikes online earlier this week and it was shipped yesterday.  A big bike for me and a small balance bike for my baby.  I am not naming the shop on a public forum, because I am not sure If they followed any legal routes to do so.

From which site/store?

*Edit: asking to use said store for bits and spares, certainly no intention of naming/shaming etc (why the hell we can't order stuff online is beyond my brain's capacity to reason). 

Edited by tinmug

From which site/store?

Some bike racks and shirts are available to ship and others not. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

So Sportsmans can ship cycling items and other bikes shops are not allowed? 

https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/sports/individual-sports/cycling

Sportsman's warehouse has an indicator for items available for delivery, and it's just about everything cycling related, from bikes and kit to trainers and garmins, even spares and tools.

I can also confirm that they have been delivering trainers since last week.

There's going to be some fireworks... If Sportsman's are delivering trainers and all cycling related equipment there are suppliers stuck with paying warehousing costs as they cannot move their inventory... 

A lot of the 'rules' are left up to interpretation during these times...  :rolleyes:

I know of several shops doing 'by appointment only' repairs focused more on the commuters and for limited hours.

But interestingly, I just got an email from a well known brand/chain saying that they are 'are officially open for trading'. 

Even though its on email (making it public) - I am not naming the shop on a public forum, because I am not sure If they followed any legal routes to do so.

Still looking for a bike shop in the Northern suburbs of Johannesburg, which can sort out some wheel truing for me. Haven't had luck in finding someone open around here. 

@Super Sywurm

:blush: It's happened. Never really believed it would, but I am turning into one of those office idiots that never ready beyond the first sentence of a communique. That's it, my working life is over. No more email for me. I'm going for a ride with my brand new BIKE MESSENGER cycling top (order yours at www.hahaha-ride-when-you-want.biz

Still looking for a bike shop in the Northern suburbs of Johannesburg, which can sort out some wheel truing for me. Haven't had luck in finding someone open around here. 

Given all the snitching reports, I doubt you gonna get an answer in an open forum like this

But other Falke products are shipping, socks etc.? Sounds like there's NO rationale.

Not delivering all apparel either. Called them as I was looking for Falke arm warmer and they cannot deliver those till level 3. Interestingly First Ascent products can be sold.

No idea what the underlying rationale is.

Drove past Eagle Canyon cycles, saw the door open.

I popped in for some sealant, I was advised that they may only fit, and not sell to me in the bottle.

Drove further down the road and got some sludge from the motor spares shop.