Are bicycle shops open?

Shaik

But other Falke products are shipping, socks etc.? Sounds like there's NO rationale.

I specifically called, initially the agent said they can ship all apparel then she came back and said that Falke arm warmers are categorised as sports whereas First Ascent is apparel

So that is the applied "rationale"

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I specifically called, initially the agent said they can ship all apparel then she came back and said that Falke arm warmers are categorised as sports whereas First Ascent is apparel

So that is the applied "rationale"

Sounds like a circus to me

i was just wondering if bike shops are open if not when do they plan on opening 

Yes many have opened after applying and attaining permits .....

I see Finish Lines van is parked outside the shop so I presume they are working as well

@Super Sywurm

:blush: It's happened. Never really believed it would, but I am turning into one of those office idiots that never ready beyond the first sentence of a communique. That's it, my working life is over. No more email for me. I'm going for a ride with my brand new BIKE MESSENGER cycling top (order yours at www.hahaha-ride-when-you-want.biz)

Sorted bruh! 9468d1e64fa46c6083cefd6374e17d80.jpg

Our Giant Cape Town store has open as we have acquired our essential service certificate trading as emergency services and repairs. 

Nope, and does not look like till Level 2 

could be months, or weeks.

Our Giant Cape Town store has open as we have acquired our essential service certificate trading as emergency services and repairs. 

Emergency Service and Repairs, but not new bikes and components/accessories ?

or can you sell whatever you have on the floor ?

I understand that distributors are still shut down, so stock must be an issue

For those long suffering cyclists waiting on their IDT's - is there any news  on the progress of the latest shipments of IDT's into the country... Last I heard these shipments were on hold but I believe there are some representatives from the industry lobbying government to open things up - anyone have any info?

"letter of the law" .....

seems that it all (mostly) comes down to the letter of the law, rather than the intent ....

The intent was to open a small portion of business .... and a list was compiled - resulting in "letter of the law" lists ....

now you find these cases where some arm warmers are "winter ware" and others not .... and thus some may be sold others not ....

same as some bicycle shops were registered as hardware stores back in the day ... others not ....

add to this our lovely government officials making statements, which are then NOT gazetted .... certain sector of the building industry have been lining up and spending money to open up, based on a statements made by politicians ......  these are not being gazetted, and all these hours are now wastefull expenditure ..... LOTS of salaries at play .....

Cyclelab is open, the Lynnwood one at least, sure the others will be

They allowed to sell everything except bike racks, shorts, bibs and shirts....think that was the list

This is good news that CycleLab is open... Hopefully we'll see other shops/suppliers following suit in the next couple of days...