Are bicycle shops open?

Shaik

I see Salomon stores are open, as well as Builders wearhouse.....

Salomon also shipping if you buy on line.

Either they have gone 'rogue' or government is allowing small teams and small business back with the right permit application.

All their gear or only winter clothing?

Guys like Cape Union Mart also opened some stores today, but selling winter essentials only from what I gather.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Singletrack Cycles was open today. Under what guise they were operating I dont know but the doors were open

Getting the permit is very easy if you have a registered company. Whether you apply in the correct category in order not to break the law, is another thing.

Getting the permit is very easy if you have a registered company. Whether you apply in the correct category in order not to break the law, is another thing.

That is the crux of the matter ... And then whom you provide the service to also becomes an issue?

Apparently some bike shops registered as hardware stores .... and hardware stores open in Level 4.

But may get interesting when considering "per item" .....

Apparently some bike shops registered as hardware stores .... and hardware stores open in Level 4.

But may get interesting when considering "per item" .....

Ek se maar liewer niks ????????????

Singletrack seem to have acquired the necessary paperwork, as per their fb post.

c24f57d1c5e51eac0f7be77d2db6627b.jpg

Edited by gemmerbal

I wonder what those 'strict regulations are'?

Had the boys on the hub been nicer to OldCoot, he might have posted the legal opinion he got that has facilitated these openings here... as well as the conditions...

Personally, I think the cycling industry in SA will be grateful for his leadership in taking the initiative on this - as well as putting his money firmly behind the industry.

I wonder what those 'strict regulations are'?

Level 4 gazzette spells out those conditions ...

He has determine the available trading floor area, how many can safely be inside while maintaining social distancing, controlling access, erc ....

The Gazzette spells out these steps

Here's hoping that CWC can get some form of licence to start processing there online orders.

Have a **** load on back order.

Scary option ... in a fast changing playing field ....

Hardware stores are open for normal business - subject access and numbers and all that ....

So some PHYSICAL bikeshops will be opening.... BUT, it appears only essential services may be shipped at this stage ...

Lets see how this plays out this week .

Edited by ChrisF

Here's hoping that CWC can get some form of licence to start processing there online orders.

Have a **** load on back order.

Have a bike on order from them as well.  They informed me that the they will be able to ship from level 3 and collections can take place from level 2.  Hopefully we'll get to level 3 soon...

Level 4 gazzette spells out those conditions ...

He has determine the available trading floor area, how many can safely be inside while maintaining social distancing, controlling access, erc ....

The Gazzette spells out these steps

Thanks, have noted and will do what we deem necessary [emoji41]

Hardware shops near me (Pinetown and along the N2, Riverhorse) were crazy yesterday if open - some still shut; queues 100m out of the door. I did not even go in.