Are cyclist just too superior to keep their masks/buffs on

Stefalbertyn

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are we the exception that requires masks during exercise, mates in the UK, NZ say not so over there?

What I am wondering, with the SA attitude of finding loopholes, maybe it was just easier to say you must have a mask on when not at your residence and not have an exception for exercising.

Otherwise, we would have people out-and-about without masks and a valid excuse would be that they are  busy with exercise, walking is a form of exercise. I think it would be difficult to defend the rationality of having everyone wear masks outside except people out for exercise.

So just to be clear, does NZ and UK have compulsory mask wearing when in public, but exceptions for exercise? How many countries have this setup?

I stay in JHB, when I drive around I would say that well less than half of the folk walking around the streets have any form of mask. Different in a shop yes as it’s enforced- I was wondering if anyone knew why we have to exercise with a mask on here as opposed to many countries where it’s not required.

I stay in JHB, when I drive around I would say that well less than half of the folk walking around the streets have any form of mask. Different in a shop yes as it’s enforced- I was wondering if anyone knew why we have to exercise with a mask on here as opposed to many countries where it’s not required.

Because the RULES says so, and by following the RULES makes you better person, or some such, because, you know, society, and, and, the right thing.

Or, maybe, they just didn't think it through.  And thankfully some of us did, and concluded that there is no inherently higher risk in exercising without a mask, although it is infinitely more practical and comfortable.

"social responsibility" - here you go again with this feigned righteousness and moral argument.  And then you sit in judgement and make these hollow veiled threats about "if you do anything that affects me I'll moer you".  Ho Hum.  This is like groundhog day.  I can try to explain the subtlety of the argument to you that is ACTUALLY been discussed, but I can't understand it for you

Did he actually say that?

"social responsibility" - here you go again with this feigned righteousness and moral argument.  And then you sit in judgement and make these hollow veiled threats about "if you do anything that affects me I'll moer you".  Ho Hum.  This is like groundhog day.  I can try to explain the subtlety of the argument to you that is ACTUALLY been discussed, but I can't understand it for you

There was no feigned righteousness, moral argument, judgement or moer you threat - that is all in your head. It sounds a lot like you have some sort of stereotyped enemy in your imagination and you're fighting him not dicussing an issue with me...

All I said (and will keep saying) is that as part of a society you sometimes need to put the good of the society ahead of yourself. 

Thanks for the fun little "I'm sooo smart" barb at the end - pity you had to ruin it with the word "been" - I think you'll find "being" is the one you wanted.

There was no feigned righteousness, moral argument, judgement or moer you threat - that is all in your head. It sounds a lot like you have some sort of stereotyped enemy in your imagination and you're fighting him not dicussing an issue with me...

All I said (and will keep saying) is that as part of a society you sometimes need to put the good of the society ahead of yourself. 

Thanks for the fun little "I'm sooo smart" barb at the end - pity you had to ruin it with the word "been" - I think you'll find "being" is the one you wanted.

ja, thats a bit awks

To sum up then - Pyga and Diesel started a revolution which culminated with a glorious High Court ruling; by calling the hubs' mask-wearers knobs.

A hard-earned Bells to the two of you!

nice summary, but my wife calls me a knob every day too, so we might as well add GBV to the mix (she's recovering well)

Edited by PygaSchmyga

These guys complaining of not being able to breathe while riding and blah blah are all a bunch of (p)wussies! Try working underground in 33°C saturated temperatures for 3-4 hours with a wet cloth over your mouth and nose... 

I'll take a light buff covering my face while riding anytime, everytime, over that...

Edited by sias

nice summary, but my wife calls me a knob every day too, so we might as well add GBV to the mix (she's recovering well)

Thats pretty poor

Has hitler or the holocaust been mentioned?

(TLDNR)

YES!

i searched for grammar nazi and got nothing.

take the grammar out and plenty of hits!

These guys complaining of not being able to breathe while riding and blah blah are all a bunch of (p)wussies! Try working underground in 33°C saturated temperatures for 3-4 hours with a wet cloth over your mouth and nose... 

I'll take a light buff covering my face while riding anytime, everytime, over that...

Hard Hat off to you Sias!

Gold Mine?  Which one?