Concealed or specialized tool storage

Hairy

the spez steerer one is spring loaded ( quite a heavy spring ) so i don't see it making much noise

Ja it’s quite heavy, I considered one when I got my EVO but while looking at it in the shop decided it felt to heavy....

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that one where both crank arms are bolted to the axle ?

Just made sure ... can certainly mount it to the non drive side if the internal dia is large enough .. and when sticking my finger in, it feels just a fraction smaller than the Shimano crank on the bike right next to it.

you need a 22mm internal diameter. the tool comes with 4 snap rings in the box to fit different internal diameter cranks axles..

says its compatible with SRAM, Shimano and Praxxis Cranks. You'll have to measure the id for the crank you have. Smaller than 22mm is a no go

Ja it’s quite heavy, I considered one when I got my EVO but while looking at it in the shop decided it felt to heavy....

I meant in terms of springrate...

You do get some cool tool "hidden storages" but most of them very expensive. I have a swot tool on my bike and it has saved my ass so many times. A new (might just be new to me) the Syncros matchbox. Under R400 its a bottle cage and tool storage underneath the multi tool and chain breaker. I like it and you don't need tiny fingers/hands to use it.

I see he does mention the matchbox but I have seen it locally for much cheaper than he suggested in the video. One with the pump I have seen under R700 and the one without under R400.