Does this seem a bit a far fetched?

Markellis

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall an old article where in an interview Tinker said his wife used to remove the chamois from his bibs as he preferred riding without it ... the man is tough as nails!

HA ... JOKES ON YOU LOT

They had Tinker racing for them back in the day, and sporting a Volvo kit too ... to that puts both the Cannondale and Volvo brand into Rock and Roll Status!

Tinker-Juarez.jpg

https://mmbhof.org/tinker-juarez/

I sometimes ride in Volvo kit, now thats Leg...............en.................dary 

If I remember correctly they did the sponsorship (the original red and yellow colours) to attract younger buyers when they launched their first small cars.

Bakkie owners arguing about which bakkie is the best reminds me of two boets arguing about who is going to win the MMA rawl this weekend.

Just to be clear...i don't even own a car anymore haha

We have this little 2007 toyota aygo the came with the office and we use that to get by. Its the size of a matchbox so perfect to parallel park In a motorbike parking, has 150 000km on it and hasnt given a days trouble....costs less to service than an average bicycle.

Also uses less fuel than a vespa lol.

Perfect city car and i couldn't care less about wasting money on cars ever again after driving that thing around for the past 5 years. I literally can't justify paying 10-20k a month to drive nice cars anymore....I left that habit behind in GP. These days...as soon as we can afford to spend that on a car Again...we just buy another house instead lol

Best part about owning a Volvo is it won't get stolen.

Worst part is like the their old slogan, it's for life - only way to pass it on is back to the dealer and into another volvo commitment and it can hurt. But the same can be said of most cars

Love them, wouldn't buy again unless I could find a mint V70 or 850, I have a really soft spot for an old stationwagon

My wife has a 2013 XC60 that we got three years ago for a great price. They seem to really lose value quickly over here. Great car. Tows a 1500kg horse trailer no problem, 4x4 is brilliant in fields and on muddy roads and servicing is reasonable, except for when I had to replace the clutch. We looked at a new XC60 or XC90 recently when our car was in for a service. They are stunning, but the cost was way out of our price range as in we could probably find the money monthly but would never be able to justify it and it would massively reduce our mortgage options. We are going to keep the paid for XC 60 until Tesla produces the Cybertruck that I paid a small deposit on, which I probably won’t buy either because I would have to pay monthly [emoji23].

As far as safety being a selling point, one figure sticks in my head. Since the XC 90 2004 launched, not a single occupant of one has died in an accident in the U.K.. not one person in 16 years. I don’t care if it is restricted to 180. If you drive anywhere close to that on the road you’re a **** anyway. If I could, I would buy one for the safety alone. Fuel economy and safety come way before top speed in my book.

We used to have the S40 2.5 5 cylinder as my wife's car. Such a sweet revving engine, but still with a bit of character. I test drove the T5 but felt that was overkill (her commute was about 1.5 km within the same suburb).

The car has since been handed up to her mom and still going well, must be 13 years old. Some repair bills needed in the interim, but it's done pretty well.

But I probably won't be buying one again. They look great, good engineering, safety, etc. but other makes have caught up most of gap and the premium isn't worth it.   

We used to have the S40 2.5 5 cylinder as my wife's car. Such a sweet revving engine, but still with a bit of character. I test drove the T5 but felt that was overkill (her commute was about 1.5 km within the same suburb).

The car has since been handed up to her mom and still going well, must be 13 years old. Some repair bills needed in the interim, but it's done pretty well.

But I probably won't be buying one again. They look great, good engineering, safety, etc. but other makes have caught up most of gap and the premium isn't worth it.   

1.5km commute in the same suburb .... you should have bought her an e-bike commuter instead!

Old trick - nation wide dealers add on 80 k to the selling prices and when rush for new model drops discounted by the 80k still making great margin. Wife used to work at BMW and Mercedes

I have never seen or heard of that. Which year was this?

Amarok, Raptor and BT50 are all aimed at a niche market, and that niche is positioned very far away from the agricultureal market. All three only available as double cabs.

It's akin to saying you don't see many Road bikes in Jonkershoek. Not the right tool for the job.

VW and Mazda also don't have a strong dealership network in the platteland. If you see a lot of the same brand in a town, I will bet that there is a good dealership nearby.

You do see a lot of Ford Rangers on farms, essentially a Mazda, built in the same factory as Raptor.

The last non-yuppie Hilux was the d4d, but that ship has sailed.

Ford and Mazda actually went their separate ways in 2010 but here in SA in 2013/2014 

Mazda has a joint bakkie platform with Isuzu and the BT50 is built by Isuzu in Thailand. New BT50 is really an Isuzu with a Mazda badge.

Ranger and Raptor built locally

Even with that inflated price the E-Bike will have a better future value than the Volvo

I have never seen or heard of that. Which year was this?

Ford and Mazda actually went their separate ways in 2010 but here in SA in 2013/2014 

Mazda has a joint bakkie platform with Isuzu and the BT50 is built by Isuzu in Thailand. New BT50 is really an Isuzu with a Mazda badge.

Ranger and Raptor built locally

Even with that inflated price the E-Bike will have a better future value than the Volvo

I would still rather be "seen" in a Volvo, than on that e-bike!