Jump to content

Buying real estate


Bomberman
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi Hubbers.

 

Any real estate agents or knowledgeable people who can assist, Im planning on buying but the real estate agent is just stuffing it up?

 

thanks 

Edited by Bomberman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

 Ok might be a long post, I will try and keep it short.

 

So planning on moving to kathu and have found the house we want. We had 2 estate agents who showed us the house, lets call them agency 1 and agency 2. So agency 1 shows us the house and we like it, later that day agency 2 also shows us the same house which we have already seen. Wiffy and I decide its no more bike part for me, so we decide to pull the trigger.

 

We made an offer of 1.85mil with agency 1, and was told the seller did not accept it or too low. I doubt they even made that offer but anyway. So when asking about the price agency 1 said the best they can do is 1.95mil, higher than what we planned, so we contacted agency 2 who came in at 1.93mil.  

 

Ok, every little bit of savings helps, so we sign on with agency 2.... now this is where I start losing my Sh#t. 

 

Agency 1 calls me back two days later and says the seller has accepted my offer of 1.85 ???? Ok, cancel everything with agency 2 move over to better deal. All papers signed, they call me and say; oh sorry suddenly the seller says the offer is to low.

 

I spoke to the seller and he's never seen one of these offers? He wants 1.85mil and is more than happy to do a private deal, but I know it is going to be a real joy ride with agency 1 as they would want their slice.

 

Hope this makes sense, ek nie tyd vir die rond neukery nie. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 Ok might be a long post, I will try and keep it short.
 
So planning on moving to kathu and have found the house we want. We had 2 estate agents who showed us the house, lets call them agency 1 and agency 2. So agency 1 shows us the house and we like it, later that day agency 2 also shows us the same house which we have already seen. Wiffy and I decide its no more bike part for me, so we decide to pull the trigger.
 
We made an offer of 1.85mil with agency 1, and was told the seller did not accept it or too low. I doubt they even made that offer but anyway. So when asking about the price agency 1 said the best they can do is 1.95mil, higher than what we planned, so we contacted agency 2 who came in at 1.93mil.  
 
Ok, every little bit of savings helps, so we sign on with agency 2.... now this is where I start losing my Sh#t. 
 
Agency 1 calls me back two days later and says the seller has accepted my offer of 1.85 ???? Ok, cancel everything with agency 2 move over to better deal. All papers signed, they call me and say; oh sorry suddenly the seller says the offer is to low.
 
I spoke to the seller and he's never seen one of these offers? He wants 1.85mil and is more than happy to do a private deal, but I know it is going to be a real joy ride with agency 1 as they would want their slice.
 
Hope this makes sense, ek nie tyd vir die rond neukery nie. 

 

bliksem this is basic uselessness by both agents..

 

you were showed the house with agency 1.

your contract with agency 2 should say have a clause saying they introduced you to it, which is not correct.

 

but clearly neither of them actually presented the offer to the seller.

once all the dust settles, the seller needs to make the deal with agent 1 - if he can't fire them for lying, and agent 1 needs to make a deal with agent 2, if at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The fact that the seller never saw any of those offer could mean that you have a foot to stand on. Afaik, the agent has to go to the seller with the offer regardless of what they think.

pretty sure both realtors have broken their agreement with the seller by not showing him the offers. ..so he should be able to fire them on those grounds?

 

*disclaimer I know nothing about realtor guidelines or laws.. surely there must be some sort of law/code of conduct for this.

Edited by Gen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

pretty sure both realtors have broken their agreement with the seller by not showing him the offers. ..so he should be able to fire them on those grounds?

 

*disclaimer I know nothing about realtor guidelines or laws.. surely there must be some sort of law for this.

Agency two has been quite transparent with is, they told us what he wanted and what they wanted with commission included. I know they need to make money, I have no plans of doing them in by going private

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agency two has been quite transparent with is, they told us what he wanted and what they wanted with commission included. I know they need to make money, I have no plans of doing them in by going private

You should have declared up front that you've already seen the house with agency 1. If you hadn't gone to agency 2 after the first negotiation you would be signing a deal for 1.85 mill now and this thread wouldn't have existed.

 

Go back to agency 1 and say you'll sign for 1.85 and not a cent more

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 Ok might be a long post, I will try and keep it short.
 
So planning on moving to kathu and have found the house we want. We had 2 estate agents who showed us the house, lets call them agency 1 and agency 2. So agency 1 shows us the house and we like it, later that day agency 2 also shows us the same house which we have already seen. Wiffy and I decide its no more bike part for me, so we decide to pull the trigger.
 
We made an offer of 1.85mil with agency 1, and was told the seller did not accept it or too low. I doubt they even made that offer but anyway. So when asking about the price agency 1 said the best they can do is 1.95mil, higher than what we planned, so we contacted agency 2 who came in at 1.93mil.  
 
Ok, every little bit of savings helps, so we sign on with agency 2.... now this is where I start losing my Sh#t. 
 
Agency 1 calls me back two days later and says the seller has accepted my offer of 1.85 ???? Ok, cancel everything with agency 2 move over to better deal. All papers signed, they call me and say; oh sorry suddenly the seller says the offer is to low.
 
I spoke to the seller and he's never seen one of these offers? He wants 1.85mil and is more than happy to do a private deal, but I know it is going to be a real joy ride with agency 1 as they would want their slice.
 
Hope this makes sense, ek nie tyd vir die rond neukery nie. 

 

 

I'm not here to help.. but fokit someone needs a slap!

 

That was difficult enough to read through, I don't know how you managed in real life.

 

Good luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not here to help.. but fokit someone needs a slap!

 

That was difficult enough to read through, I don't know how you managed in real life.

 

Good luck.

Because of my bad writing or actual situation haha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agency two has been quite transparent with is, they told us what he wanted and what they wanted with commission included. I know they need to make money, I have no plans of doing them in by going private

Sometimes agents also have some sort of agreement between each other, maybe it won't turn out to be an issue[emoji2368]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lets hope that the agent who does not do the deal doesn't sue you for their lost commission. What did the offer to purchase say in the small-print?

 

In my experience with Estate agents, they look after their commission first and foremost...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

My Profile My Forum Content My Followed Content Forum Settings Ad Messages My Ads My Favourites My Saved Alerts My Pay Deals Settings Help Logout