Review: 2021 Specialized S-Works Epic

Bike Hub Features

Dear Others

My Scalpel and high modulus carbon roadie are definitely status symbols for me.

It adds significance to my existence and I feel proud and cocky when I roll up to the coffee shop as people turn their heads to check out my carbon bits and electronic groupset, my Swiss made kit and my white Italian shoes made from baby kangaroo leather. Deep down, I yearn for social approval and even respect from those in the cycling community.

I do subtly frown on those with dirty handle bar tape, velcro strapped shoes and scuffed ankle length socks. Or pretend not to drool at the newest 2020 bling that arrives at my coffee joint while I down my coffee.

Regards

My brittle ego

(who doesn’t always get that the world needs less prejudice, bias and elitism and more coolness and good vibes)

post-12015-0-71751400-1593764448_thumb.jpg

Edited by 'Dale

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If seeing an over weight middle aged guy riding an Sworks Epic triggers you, you need to get over yourselves cupcakes, happy Friday.

Generally I tisk tisk snigger snigger burst is asthmatic laughter before puffing on my Sally as I watch said MAMIL in Super tuck cruising down Main road, wetting everyone with salty secretion doing 5mph.

its just *** funny. Imagine how slow they would be on a Scott

Generally I tisk tisk snigger snigger burst is asthmatic laughter before puffing on my Sally as I watch said MAMIL in Super tuck cruising down Main road, wetting everyone with salty secretion doing 5mph.

its just *** funny. Imagine how slow they would be on a Scott

My favourite is watching these super machines coming down the jeep track parallel to awesome trails after just smashing the mast boet.... 

I judge that. Sorry

My favourite is watching these super machines coming down the jeep track parallel to awesome trails after just smashing the mast boet.... 

I judge that. Sorry

They were *** fast on the tar!

It seems some have more problems/issues with what they call Mamils than with working towards owning a S-works, you will probably justify it by saying " i do not need such a bike" but deep down you only wish you could have afford one. 

I have learned long ago to not judge people by looks or what ever as that is only important to non-important people! 

Anyway have a lekka weekend guys, mamils included : )

It seems some have more problems/issues with what they call Mamils than with working towards owning a S-works, you will probably justify it by saying " i do not need such a bike" but deep down you only wish you could have afford one. 

I have learned long ago to not judge people by looks or what ever as that is only important to non-important people! 

Anyway have a lekka weekend guys, mamils included : )

It's actually just funny because the spazzers get so darn uppity and indignant about the whole thing. So it continues, due to their own reactions. 

It's actually just funny because the spazzers get so darn uppity and indignant about the whole thing. So it continues, due to their own reactions. 

and always chime in with some comment about the affordability while making snide remarks to people with bike fleets worth more than the most expensive S-works....

its like these okes think trail bikes are cheap

you will probably justify it by saying " i do not need such a bike" but deep down you only wish you could have afford one. 

I didn't ever really think about owning one. Then I had one, and now I have an Expert level bike and a Comp level alloy bike. Was the S-Works nice? Obviously. Was it worth +-50% more than the Expert? Pffft, no way. In Spez's line-up, Expert is where it's at. 90% of the awesomeness for 70% of the cost.