SPD Sandals

'Kaze Pete

Surely you also got the BMX steel pedal designed by satan smack your shin? Usually happened when your foot slipped off the pedal resulting in an extremely fast back pedal with the result being the pedal with its steel spikes moering in to the shin. Good memories....

I could do with a pair of these sandles for when I am riding around with my laaities....

That was  also painful, as i was playing soccer as well i ended up using my soccer shin pads out of desperation....Used to ride at the local dirt jumps after school and bash my shins. Funny enough next day at school it was a bragging competition to which of us has the most visible pin imprints on our shin...Lunch break macho talk. lol

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These would be gold for summer commuting. Now where's the SPD-SL version?

LOL ... I remember selling those in a LBS 22,1/2 years ago ... they never sold very well!

I don't get it. So, you're evidently not riding anything rough or intense enough to warrant a closed shoe, but you need the added efficiency of a clipless connection with the pedals? If you're concerned about heat, just rock a normal old vissie plakkie on your SPD pedals, they grip surprisingly well.

Strokes for folks I guess, but this is probably the only instance where you'd be less nerdy just wearing a plain old Rocky sandal:

rocky-hiker-1458469420.jpg

those are perfect for when you need to show everyone your name brand or funky socks...

Sock doping on another level

Edited by dave303e

I don't get it. So, you're evidently not riding anything rough or intense enough to warrant a closed shoe, but you need the added efficiency of a clipless connection with the pedals? If you're concerned about heat, just rock a normal old vissie plakkie on your SPD pedals, they grip surprisingly well.

Strokes for folks I guess, but this is probably the only instance where you'd be less nerdy just wearing a plain old Rocky sandal:

rocky-hiker-1458469420.jpg

I confess, I converted a pair of Rocky's about 25 years ago into Rocky SPD's.

Took an entire weekend to realise one needs a stiff section under foot otherwise it's just a k a k plan

I will buy these just to irritate my fellow mtb buddies every time they ride with their Lycra or Bandanas

I am certain I have seen you working on your bike wearing a pair like this with long socks!

socks-with-sandals.jpg?w968h681

I had a pair and they were awesome. Won't make sense too todays generation of cyclists.

Those days when nobody had helmets, cycling shorts were for roadies and suspension did not exist .  :w00t: