SPD Sandals

'Kaze Pete

But on this topic, what shoes are available as a walker with cleats. Seems the Giro is a good option? But what else is there?

Giro-Rumble-VR-Off-Road-Shoe-Cycling-Sho

Those are ok. Vaude make a really nice one and so do shimano. The Rambler is definitely the most 'hipster' shoe.

Be warned that you probably need to run Crank Bro or Time cleats to avoid any clickety clack. Shimano/spd type tend to protrude at some point and make you sound like a zebra in new york..... (anyone?)

I like the Vaude version. There are also all the skate shoe types, but then you won't be good enough for her unless you're really good at guitar.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, hypothetically if I wanted to get a pair of these in SA would I need to contact CoolHeat?

I doubt many CRC orders coming into the country at the moment.

(Asking for a friend)

I am certain I have seen you working on your bike wearing a pair like this with long socks!

socks-with-sandals.jpg?w968h681

close... it was actual crocs... my garage crocs. Wife keeps reminding me that I am wearing them every time i want to go outside. She is so worried that people might see me and recognize me. She just doesn't know that I don't need to leave the house to be seen in them. The people will come to me

close... it was actual crocs... my garage crocs. Wife keeps reminding me that I am wearing them every time i want to go outside. She is so worried that people might see me and recognize me. She just doesn't know that I don't need to leave the house to be seen in them. The people will come to me

That sounds like a post another famous sandal wearer would make

Edited by Patchelicious

Are you a real cyclist. Where you walking ?

Adventure racers love cleats that you can easily walk in. Useful for a good Hike a bike session.

Those are ok. Vaude make a really nice one and so do shimano. The Rambler is definitely the most 'hipster' shoe.

Be warned that you probably need to run Crank Bro or Time cleats to avoid any clickety clack. Shimano/spd type tend to protrude at some point and make you sound like a zebra in new york..... (anyone?)

I like the Vaude version. There are also all the skate shoe types, but then you won't be good enough for her unless you're really good at guitar.

I am definitely not going for the hipster vibe. What I want is a shoe that I can wear with my denims or shorts when I ride to the office.

I noticed with the SPD cleats that you can get ones with rounded edges to avoid zebra noises. 

Funn-MTB-SPD-Cleats-4-degrees-float-comp

Hey, they got you covered.

1259764082212-gog9gf2uosb1-e49a0c3.jpg?q

shimano got a proper range for all types.

I'm currently trying to kill a pair of MT44

the lacescord have gone on the one side and i need to redo that somehow

but ja, there's a rabbithole down there i'm finding.

and this is not even the end of it

keen commuters! v3.0

https://www.rei.com/product/850785/keen-commuter-iii-bike-sandals-mens?mr%3AtrackingCode=5E2EBBBE-7668-E211-BA78-001B21631C34&mr%3AreferralID=NA&cm_mmc=aff_AL-_-22703-_-28027-_-NA&avad=28027_c1bb89f05

ok let's try v4.0 rather

Keen%20commuter%20sandal.jpg

https://road.cc/content/review/21347-keen-commuter-sandal

Edited by BikeHub Plus

But on this topic, what shoes are available as a walker with cleats. Seems the Giro is a good option? But what else is there?

Giro-Rumble-VR-Off-Road-Shoe-Cycling-Sho

I so desperately wanted these to fit me, but my platvoete, does just not fit into them properly. 

as for SPD sandals, "nee dankie" sê die hasie.

But what else are you going to wear with your best racing outfit?? I'd say those will pair nicely with this for the next enduro. 

barry1small.jpg

upgrade kickers

56713-large_17.jpg

This has given me an idea.

If my plans to continue commuting to the office by bike go ahead, maybe I should invest in a cleat and shoe combo for the old Scott. I'm thinking a shoe that can be worn with work attire, it will save me having to cart an extra pair of shoes with to the office.

I am definitely not going for the hipster vibe. What I want is a shoe that I can wear with my denims or shorts when I ride to the office.

I noticed with the SPD cleats that you can get ones with rounded edges to avoid zebra noises.

Funn-MTB-SPD-Cleats-4-degrees-float-comp

Patch I have a set of cleat covers for my MTB cleats after breaking the edge of a tile on our staircase. No clippy cloppy.