Stolen: Giant LIV Avail 3 2016 (Cape Town)

Roxi

What is the purpose of posting on the hub if your bike was stolen? Is it to warn other people that bikes get stolen in an area?  In that case thank you but most people know that.  I would assume that you want people to be on the lookout for the bike with the small hope of the bike being spotted and the perp maybe getting caught.  Surely it is then a good idea that after you report it here as stolen that you might want to check every now and then and see if someone spotted it.  Or do they tell the investigating officer to keep an eye on the hub?

PS. Not attacking anyone or being sarcastic.  Just really want to know.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like me she does have a new bike but would like the case closed

100% Agreed.

If the insurance co sends some peeps around to confiscate stock, maybe, just maybe these scum shops will second guess buying stolen goods.

Probably not tho.

What is the purpose of posting on the hub if your bike was stolen? Is it to warn other people that bikes get stolen in an area?  In that case thank you but most people know that.  I would assume that you want people to be on the lookout for the bike with the small hope of the bike being spotted and the perp maybe getting caught.  Surely it is then a good idea that after you report it here as stolen that you might want to check every now and then and see if someone spotted it.  Or do they tell the investigating officer to keep an eye on the hub?

PS. Not attacking anyone or being sarcastic.  Just really want to know.

In the first few days or week you post in the hope of getting your bike back I guess?

Once insurance has paid out and you have a new bike, you are probably no longer interested and move on, so unless you are a hub regular, you may not be on here again to check, why would you need to unless you did not have insurance, or had big sentimental reason on the bike and really wanted it back

Thats part of the reason why these jackings and thefts are skyrocketing imo...they know the complacent middleclass dont even care...they’ll just get a replacement. Vicious circle.

Screw that, i got my crap back because it’s mine.

its a principle thing.????

Edited by morneS555

I actually have, right when the info came to light yesterday.

I did not attack anyone. Don't be so quick to jump on your horse yourself lol.

She just let me know the info was passed on.

"Also messaged this person to no reply. They probably also don't want it back...."

I was at the shop now, I could not see the bike. :thumbdown:

Lets hope they just moved it like yours to the back after OP’s investigator/insurance contacted then?

Ps, go update your fred damnit!???? tell us what went down.

Edited by morneS555

Lets hope they just moved it like yours to the back after OP’s investigator/insurance contacted then?

Ps, go update your fred damnit! tell us what went down.

Its going to need a whole blog, not just a post. Will wait till the bike is out of custody.

oh darn man....

We haven't a good ol fisty cuffs around here for ages. Was waiting for the #kneegroinuppercutcombo

, that post wasn't in reply to Shaper’s though haha. Anyway....

Said in context of the Yeti thread. But whatever narrative you choose to impose on me...I gladly accept. Duck/water/back lol

oh darn man....

We haven't a good ol fisty cuffs around here for ages. Was waiting for the #kneegroinuppercutcombo

Like me she does have a new bike but would like the case closed

She might be able to buy it back from her insurnce for less than the price of a 2nd battery ....