Co-incidental Superfly build

Apparently one must first convert to flats before that bru!

I'm a big Eagles fan and with the recent below zero temps, nothing would surprise me...

• 11 months later...

Bit of an update to these bikes... Been a bit 'bored' so decided to tackle something I've been thinking about for a while. The Orange/black frame had been repaired at the seat tube, the silver one on the left chain stay. Neither of the welds have given any trouble but might as well build one frame with all the best bits. 

Naturally one can't have this hodge podge of colours so a paint update might as well be done ????

Was also an opportunity to upgrade the rear from QR to TA, again a challenge because it uses a longer than normal axle ????... Found an axle but the lever was bent, off to my aluminium welder mate to get it extended by 10mm and sort the lever. 

Anyway long story short, here's the result! 

IMG-20210702-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20210702-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20210703-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20210703-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20210702-WA0005.jpg

9 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Bit of an update to these bikes... Been a bit 'bored' so decided to tackle something I've been thinking about for a while. The Orange/black frame had been repaired at the seat tube, the silver one on the left chain stay. Neither of the welds have given any trouble but might as well build one frame with all the best bits. 

Naturally one can't have this hodge podge of colours so a paint update might as well be done ????

Was also an opportunity to upgrade the rear from QR to TA, again a challenge because it uses a longer than normal axle ????... Found an axle but the lever was bent, off to my aluminium welder mate to get it extended by 10mm and sort the lever. 

Anyway long story short, here's the result! 

IMG-20210702-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20210702-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20210703-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20210703-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20210702-WA0005.jpg

Awesome, bike is looking good.

Hope to do lots of bike build like yourself when the kids have grown up.

Forget about Dangerholm, we have NSBB.

Ps. Where is the photo in the shorts!

7 minutes ago, DJuice said:

Awesome, bike is looking good.

Hope to do lots of bike build like yourself when the kids have grown up.

Forget about Dangerholm, we have NSBB.

Ps. Where is the photo in the shorts!

Haha, there are children and woman folk on this forum and wouldn't want to scar them mentally with photos of me in shorts! 

I must say I enjoy the tinkering, building and finding solutions almost as much as riding. Retirement has its benefits, time is not an issue ????