'Dale

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are called soft tops - check out pollywog.co.za

excellent thanks for the lead :)

I'm pretty out of touch with the brands and equipment now.

Its been many years since I've been active in the surf scene but my 7yr old is dragging me back in to the water.

So I've got her wetsuit sorted but I' looking for a good board for a 7yr old to learn on, preferably with a soft deck and fins that give way if fallen on (does this exist?)

Any advice would be appreciated

Give Gary's Surf School a bash.

They are excellent with kids and have all the kit

Shop is at the Corner and a mobile at Big Bay

Give Gary's Surf School a bash.

They are excellent with kids and have all the kit

Shop is at the Corner and a mobile at Big Bay

That's the surf shop I'm taking her to for the lessons. She's been balancing on a foam matt in the pool already  and trying to stand on her boogie board in the surf at Muizies so I'm expecting it'll be a day to learn to get up and stand on the board and maybe another day for her to learn to nag to go and surf everyhour of her school holidays....

She already tunes me this morning that the beach is open 9am to 6pm and the president says we must surf to avoid the virus :eek:

That's the surf shop I'm taking her to for the lessons. She's been balancing on a foam matt in the pool already  and trying to stand on her boogie board in the surf at Muizies so I'm expecting it'll be a day to learn to get up and stand on the board and maybe another day for her to learn to nag to go and surf everyhour of her school holidays....

She already tunes me this morning that the beach is open 9am to 6pm and the president says we must surf to avoid the virus :eek:

Known Gary for years.His son Matt runs the mobile shop.We traded in so many suits and boards as my son grew.

Known Gary for years.His son Matt runs the mobile shop.We traded in so many suits and boards as my son grew.

Good to know! My wife took a couple lessons but she never got the hang of it then stopped. 

I'm hoping she picks it up again once the little person and I are back in the water. 

Such a great pastime.

I remember the days of hitting the beach at low tide dawn patrol and riding waves till midmorning, getting a pie and 1L pinenut and some bananas for lunch and then back for session2.

Now the next gen ...

All I know is I'll be a lot more understanding of the passion than my old man was

Edited by DieselnDust

So.... I know I'm getting old so my eyes can't be trusted but did I see Kelly Slater riding a double wing swallow tail twin fin at Pipeline?

So.... I know I'm getting old so my eyes can't be trusted but did I see Kelly Slater riding a double wing swallow tail twin fin at Pipeline?

Indeed!....

post-35907-0-99079200-1608624087_thumb.jpg

Clearly the GOAT!

• 1 month later...

Might have to accidentally trip and buy a plane ticket to Portugal. All of a sudden any thoughts of not taking the vaccine have evaporated.
post-83454-0-00638900-1611742299_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Some personal injuries as a result of Mr White Ski gunning it up the face of a 30ft wave and going sub-orbital...apparently the guys held on in fear of their lives and landed with the craft...like huck to flat.....crushed vertebrae! :eek:

Edit: Wave of the Day and dare I say it DECADE goes to JJF for his fearless backside drop in and tuck on this monster!

Edited by capediver

Some personal injuries as a result of Mr White Ski gunning it up the face of a 30ft wave and going sub-orbital...apparently the guys held on in fear of their lives and landed with the craft...like huck to flat.....crushed vertebrae! :eek:

Edit: Wave of the Day and dare I say it DECADE goes to JJF for his fearless backside drop in and tuck on this monster!

JJF wins that title hands down. I am voting for that to be Wave of the Winter.

But then, Kai Lenny at Jaws. Have you ever seen anything this crazy? He rides that wave like I wish I could ride a 4 footer. 

Mind blown. Properly.

Kai at 10:42

JJF wins that title hands down. I am voting for that to be Wave of the Winter.

But then, Kai Lenny at Jaws. Have you ever seen anything this crazy? He rides that wave like I wish I could ride a 4 footer. 

Mind blown. Properly.

Kai at 10:42

Kai Lenny is truly on a whole other level, his big wave surfing is not matched by any of the other chargers past or present...I just pray that he does not push himself over the edge 'cause right now, I believe the way he charges, he is literally waking a tight rope made of candy floss and the consequences of falling badly at his level, in those conditions are huge....he really is talented and hope he lives to become a leathery, old surfer dude with surfer bumps on his knees! ...Eddie Rothman-style!!

Edited by capediver