Cyclist assaulted in Camps Bay

FootballingCyclist

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again for sharing this video. I am the cyclist in the video. As cyclists we cannot let this behavior slide, it is already so risky on the roads. Will be taking this further with the authorities and legal council.

Good on ya.

Sorry this happened to you, but I am glad that you are following through.

Thanks again for sharing this video. I am the cyclist in the video. As cyclists we cannot let this behavior slide, it is already so risky on the roads. Will be taking this further with the authorities and legal council.

Excellent!

Welcome here Pal. We got your back. Go after these bacteria and go hard!

Criminal, civil the whole show.

What they did to you was unnacceptable and the laughing like bunch of idiots afterwards makes my blood boil.

Good luck man. Keep us posted.

Edited by Vetseun

Agree with you 100%! Please keep us informed as to the outcome.

I am waiting to see the newspaper and News24 get outraged by this like they did with the cyclist hitting a car with his front wheel on the same stretch of road a few years ago...

There's far better odds on Japan winning the upcoming Autumn Cup than this happening.

I have no other words than: FN IDIOTS!

Glad you OK, it could have been very ugly.  If you are in a position to do so, please sue the crap out of them

I am waiting to see the newspaper and News24 get outraged by this like they did with the cyclist hitting a car with his front wheel on the same stretch of road a few years ago...

Why wait, write to them. If you want them to cover it, tell them about it, use that poetic license ;)

we're right behind you.

....wait did that come out wrong...?

we're 110% supportive of you taking these okes on.

People think we must go easy on the youngsters because you know they don't really know their way in the world yet.

KuK. If I did to you what these laaities did and my old man got wind of it he'd have whipped my behind till sun up to make sure I couldn't sit for a week. Fortunately he never had to because my folks raised me to respect others. That doesn't mean I didn't do stupid things as a 17 yo but I didn't have mates with a VW Polo. The best we could do was a 78 Mini that my pals sister would loan us to run to the garage to get a loaf of bread. It would take about 2hrs with traffic and a bit of Rallyx but no farm animals or people were harmed in our shenanigans.

These kids are going to kill someone unless somebody brings them to book now. So yeah you have to follow through so that they can learn a valuable lesson

No probs. Glad you were found which was the 1st intention of my post, and ow I'm glad you're following through which was my 2nd hope deep down.

Too often we as humans allow these kinds of things to slide because of the effort it takes to follow through all the way and we tend to "feel sorry" for the kids. These kids, particularly the ones In this video cannot claim "ignorance" as he has been brought up with a silver spoon in his mouth and clearly knows right from wrong. I personally would love to see an example made of them!

The amount of DMs I received on FB and Insta with info and names was actually a surprise, Clearly they aren't alot of peoples favorites.

Well done again for wanting to follow through and sorry again that this happened to you.

Look up the definition of Assault.

This is what I found: An assault is the act of inflicting physical harm or unwanted physical contact upon a person which may result in criminal prosecution, civil liability, or both

I have also been slapped on the arse by a woman leaning out of a moving car.

I did not find it funny.

It would have been even less funny if it were the other way around.

I am glad to hear that the cyclist is pressing charges. This behaviour is not OK.

It's ridiculous that people find this funny.

Even more crazy to post it on social media for a few more laughs.

Funnily enough, Splat, I was once shot with a paintball after 140km (somewhere near Broadacres). The splat splatted on my thigh and I too was very far from amused.

Why wait, write to them. If you want them to cover it, tell them about it, use that poetic license ;)

When it comes to making up facts and poetic license, I believe the news outlets are WT with me still sitting in Cat 4 on Sundays... 

Assault? They slapped him on the arse. How is that assault?

Maybe he can press charges for sexual assault.

I agree that it was a dangerous thing to do. They could have bumped him or he could have fallen off his bike.

A woman did the same thing to me and we both had a good laugh when we stopped at a robot a few meters on.

Yes Eugene. What they did is a bit silly but was clearly meant as a harmless, even if totally inappropriate, prank. I don't think they meant any real harm by it. If it was me I'd probably just laugh it off. But I do see that it can be dangerous for the cyclist and must be discouraged. Others clearly have different views.

Yes Eugene. What they did is a bit silly but was clearly meant as a harmless, even if totally inappropriate, prank. I don't think they meant any real harm by it. If it was me I'd probably just laugh it off. But I do see that it can be dangerous for the cyclist and must be discouraged. Others clearly have different views.

Yes, Eugene & Mudlark, it is assault.

I would like to see how you laugh it off when you lying dead in a ditch next to the road.

This is extremely dangerous, just because someone didn't get hurt this time, doesn't mean its not.

The more people condone this type of behavior, the more frequently it will happen and not very long before some serious damage is done.

It is not OK on ANY level.