Cyclist assaulted in Camps Bay

FootballingCyclist

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the slapping ass video from a car? Saw this in Tik-Tok this morning.

Yip. The cyclist in the video handled it well but I cringe to think what could've happened had it been a newbie to the sport or a newbie to riding a road bike.

I'm glad he's pressing charges.

Yip. The cyclist in the video handled it well but I cringe to think what could've happened had it been a newbie to the sport or a newbie to riding a road bike.

I'm glad he's pressing charges.

Ah, ok. He appeared to remain very composed. I think I would had a heart attack.

Assault? They slapped him on the arse. How is that assault?

Maybe he can press charges for sexual assault.

I agree that it was a dangerous thing to do. They could have bumped him or he could have fallen off his bike.

A woman did the same thing to me and we both had a good laugh when we stopped at a robot a few meters on.

Glad the person is laying charges of assault. 

Otherwise it escalates and ends up like the story posted above with people being killed.

Yikes okes are stupid.

People are so stupid it's actually depressing... how is that funny for some ?... what a world we live in...

Ah, ok. He appeared to remain very composed. I think I would had a heart attack.

Just me correcting myself: check the video in the OP. If the kit is the same then it should be the same cyclist.

"An assault is the act of inflicting physical harm or unwanted physical contact upon a person or, in some specific legal definitions, a threat or attempt to commit such an action. It is both a crime and a tort and, therefore, may result in criminal prosecution, civil liability, or both."

I agree that it was a dangerous thing to do. They could have bumped him or he could have fallen off his bike.

A woman did the same thing to me and we both had a good laugh when we stopped at a robot a few meters on.

Look up the definition of Assault.

This is what I found: An assault is the act of inflicting physical harm or unwanted physical contact upon a person which may result in criminal prosecution, civil liability, or both

I have also been slapped on the arse by a woman leaning out of a moving car.

I did not find it funny.

It would have been even less funny if it were the other way around.

I am glad to hear that the cyclist is pressing charges. This behaviour is not OK.

It's ridiculous that people find this funny.

Even more crazy to post it on social media for a few more laughs.

Would you have laughed about it if it was a man that did it? Don't think so. Men are easy to forgive women for indiscressions.

its assault. They slapped him. Simple.

Would you have laughed about it if it was a man that did it? Don't think so. Men are easy to forgive women for indiscressions.

Edited by Eugene

Just as a heads up, I wouldn't suggest that you return the favour to random lady. Its a big no no!

So I've spoken to the cyclist. He says he did try chase them down but to no avail(Looks like he could've done some proper damage to those okes had he caught them). It's also worth noting that he was riding with a woman, "fortunately"(I use this word veeerrryyyy lightly) they chose him as the victim and not the woman, because had it been the woman, this incident would've blown up alot more I believe.