gummibear

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

I sense a day for the break

And if we can see it all the way from sunny SA, you'd bet your bottom dollar that every DS is telling his guys to be in that break tomorrow. 

I honestly think MVDP is also going to go for it and join a big bunch of riders up the road. 

Yellow Jersey in a long breakaway. Yes please

16 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

And if we can see it all the way from sunny SA, you'd bet your bottom dollar that every DS is telling his guys to be in that break tomorrow. 

I honestly think MVDP is also going to go for it and join a big bunch of riders up the road. 

Yellow Jersey in a long breakaway. Yes please

that would be bloody brilliant and true to mvdp form

Yep breakaway day tomorrow, 249kms, Long day in the saddle, Nic did say at the beginning of the week that Fri was the 1st real opportunity for a breakaway so they've planned ot pretty well. I'm sure there are numerous riders who have been waiting for tomorrow to come!!

1 minute ago, Patchelicious said:

Watching the highlights now, Cav knew exactly what he was doing there, from jumping trains to shutting the gap.

Instincts are hard to unlearn... 

17 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Instincts are hard to unlearn... 

Despite a few really nasty high speed crashes over the years, Cav is still happy to give it his all in the closing meters of a sprint finish.

10 minutes ago, Bonus said:

Despite a few really nasty high speed crashes over the years, Cav is still happy to give it his all in the closing meters of a sprint finish.

I think he lost his Sprinter confidence with that Sagan elbow crash. After that he would be exactly where he was today, but he would pull the plug and not launch his sprint. It was so frustrating to watch as a TDD fan. 

Don't know what turned it around for him but I think he is looking like his old self surfing through gaps. 

34 is getting awfully close now... 

2 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

I think he lost his Sprinter confidence with that Sagan elbow crash. After that he would be exactly where he was today, but he would pull the plug and not launch his sprint. It was so frustrating to watch as a TDD fan. 

Don't know what turned it around for him but I think he is looking like his old self surfing through gaps. 

34 is getting awfully close now... 

Listen here, an interview with Cavendish's new coach, Vasilis Anastopoulos
https://podcasts.apple.com/za/podcast/the-cycling-podcast/id665713706?i=1000517292620

13 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Thanks to GCN, how many knew that Cav's first Tour stage win (2008) was also the same venue as today?

May be an image of 3 people, people standing, bicycle and outdoors

May be an image of one or more people, bicycle and outdoors

image.png.7e546e22b599cb7a60fd5f5930c61d24.png

Everybody! The commentators haven’t stopped talking about it since 2 days ago already.

Side note: Who is that barloworld rider?

10 hours ago, Patchelicious said:

Everybody! The commentators haven’t stopped talking about it since 2 days ago already.

Side note: Who is that barloworld rider?

Longo Borghini perhaps.

It is Robert Hunter, photo clearer in the morning after a coffee.

Edited by DJuice
Correction