Tour de France 2021

gummibear

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

I'm so over hearing about ISN's zipless jersey. 

Bouhanni abandons.... Cav is gonna be sprinting against Froome in Paris at this rate. 

Cav breaking the record is probably on the cards.

Personally would like to see a break away with strong men in like WVA succeed on the final day.

19 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

2nd is a jinxed position. After 2 days the 2nd placed person changes

I think that Martin might actually be happy if that's the case as his main aim coming into the TdF was stage wins and not GC. He'd rather be shipping time than gaining, which kinda makes JV's tactics today a bit weird. The Eurosport GCN crew seem to be under the impression that they don't think Vingegaard is a good GC contender. 

The Polka Dot jerseys seems like the only one left as competitive - should make for some good viewing if these top 3 go for it between here and Paris. Imagine the 1 point available on the Champs-Élysées is what separates 1st and 2nd.

3 minutes ago, Frosty said:

The Polka Dot jerseys seems like the only one left as competitive - should make for some good viewing if these top 3 go for it between here and Paris. Imagine the 1 point available on the Champs-Élysées is what separates 1st and 2nd.

72 points is easily overhauled in the green if Cav burns too many matches getting through to Friday. Matthews climbs well and can get close over the next few days the same way Sagan did in the past.

It's not over at all.

Polka dots is heating up. If WvA can stay in the fight Wed/Thurs it would be phenomenal. 

11 of the 32 breakaway riders have won at least one stage at the Tour de France before. They total 34 stage victories (like Eddy Merckx and Mark Cavendish for their individual account…). Julian Alaphilippe and Vincenzo Nibali have won six times each. Wout van Aert and Alejandro Valverde have four wins, followed by Michael Matthews and Nairo Quintana (3), Dylan Teuns (2), Dan Martin (2), Thomas De Gendt (2), Matej Mohoric (1) and Ion Izagirre (1)

56 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

72 points is easily overhauled in the green if Cav burns too many matches getting through to Friday. Matthews climbs well and can get close over the next few days the same way Sagan did in the past.

It's not over at all.

Polka dots is heating up. If WvA can stay in the fight Wed/Thurs it would be phenomenal. 

Fair enough, Matthews took the intermediate sprint today, but can he do it every day to put pressure on Cav? Pretty much a 2 horse race.

I still feel Green is not as competitive as the Polka Dot. Certainly not over, I agree.

Genuine question - is it a tactic that UAE pace so slowly. Or are they just tired/not suited to it. 

Every time another team takes over leading the peloton the time gap crumbles. 

It's gone from 10 mins to 6 in no time