Hambini on YouTube

gummibear

He is clearly a genius, but he is a bit much for me.

The lekker thing about youtube, is that you won't see his videos again after clicking Not Interested in it, his channel won't appear in your feed again.

Life's too short too watch content you don't like.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish he would drop the long winded ranty videos... He has the tools and the know how to be critical of these frames and components, but i think his personality and presentation puts a lot of people off from what could be extremely informative and intrresting content. I mean, he needs to do his thing, but its refreshing to see someone in the industry whos not sucking on the teet so can be properly critical and honest. Its nice to see the fact that all that money you spend on a bike and its still not close to perfect.

I dont mind him too much, but i can see his rants almost bordering on the sour and its off putting for a lot of people.

He is clearly a genius, but he is a bit much for me.

The lekker thing about youtube, is that you won't see his videos again after clicking Not Interested in it, his channel won't appear in your feed again.

Life's too short too watch content you don't like.

and it's not like you'll be missing out and not able to watch things you really like... there's a ton of stuff you'll love that you don't even know about yet. and perhaps never will...

Tough crowd lol. Yes you’ll go mad if you watch his whole feed in one go but i think he’s refreshing against a contemporary backdrop of PC culture and corporate droning. He’s different and he doesn't give a flying fark. I resoect that. There are enough spineless people in this world. Id like a guy like him on GMBN haha, although he has been once, but he was censored from being the absolute “ cretin” he usually is lol.

The guy is probably on the spectrum - no filter whatsoever. He also got into k@k for making defamatory statements about a woman cycling presenter in a video, if memory serves. Going to watch the ti MTB video later :-) 

he has openly stated he is autistic

Hambini for 2024 US president!!

He will be the first 5 year old to run for office.

last one was 4 year's old

I really like this guys videos. It is refreshing to hear someone talk about bikes and it’s completely unfiltered with no corporate bs. He is definitely on the spectrum. I reckon he would probably battle in a normal work setting 9-5 vibe because of this, but hey it’s only youtube and if you don’t like him you can just watch someone else

Hambini for 2024 US president!!

He will be the first 5 year old to run for office.

no he won't. They have a 5yr old in the office right now!

• 1 month later...

Has anyone watched this guy trash large bike companies?

In his opinion....

All bikes are trash, all bike are badly designed until you fit his parts :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/user/nrgizerbunny

Since I watch him I know that he clearly tells what is wrong with the frame he is roasting and why he has that opinion. While he is only working with what is sent to him and that is the stuff that the factories refuse to repair even when under warranty he starts with bad goods to begin with. But his assessment of the problems is clear a and concise. If his BB's will not repair it he says so as he did with that awful Open Cycles frame that I wouldn't have bought if they gave it to me.

I have a T-shirt that says, "I am an Engineer so I'm never wrong" so Hambini is nothing more than fitting the slot that all of us have in common. We are the one's that have to make the idea of someone else work even when it is impossible.

The guy knows what he is doing and talking about. That's enough for me. His assessment of aero marketing is spot on. We mostly buy marginal gains for bragging rights at the coffee stop.

His exposure of the poor quality we buy into should be used in a case of fraud against the bike industry. Imagine you bought a car where the fuel tank falls out because the bolts holes were poorly tapped.

Or the doors hang skew. Bootlid doesn't close properly. We'd be at that dealership everyday till it's sorted yet when we receive poor quality bikes we defend the brand with all kinds of made up stories.

I'm sitting with a seat tube bore that appears to be tapered. The carbon post went in fine but the alloy bodies dropper gets tighter as it is inserted and not anywhere close to the maximum insertion depth. It's this kind of #&*t that needs to be exposed. It doesn't cost more to produce a quality product because we are already being ripped off. The sport needs more Hambinis to expose this.

Long may he continue the forever 5yr old

The guy knows what he is doing and talking about. That's enough for me. His assessment of aero marketing is spot on. We mostly buy marginal gains for bragging rights at the coffee stop.

His exposure of the poor quality we buy into should be used in a case of fraud against the bike industry. Imagine you bought a car where the fuel tank falls out because the bolts holes were poorly tapped.

Or the doors hang skew. Bootlid doesn't close properly. We'd be at that dealership everyday till it's sorted yet when we receive poor quality bikes we defend the brand with all kinds of made up stories.

I'm sitting with a seat tube bore that appears to be tapered. The carbon post went in fine but the alloy bodies dropper gets tighter as it is inserted and not anywhere close to the maximum insertion depth. It's this kind of #&*t that needs to be exposed. It doesn't cost more to produce a quality product because we are already being ripped off. The sport needs more Hambinis to expose this.

Long may he continue the forever 5yr old

YES, inferior quality should be exposed ...

Pity that the way of presenting it reduces his audience .... imagine if it was done in a way that it actually got the message accross to a wider audience ....

YES, inferior quality should be exposed ...

Pity that the way of presenting it reduces his audience .... imagine if it was done in a way that it actually got the message accross to a wider audience ....

You mean like Raoul Leuscher of Leuscher Teknik in Melbourne, Victoria?

That's just so done. Everyone's polite and goodie goodie. There's space for a stark raving bad boy to shake things up. That's the gap Hambini exploits.

Hambini is a shock king. Thats part of the appeal.Its just a way of drawing in the crowds. He's nowhere near the same when you interact with him via email or other media