Things you've heard people call parts or equipment

DR ◣◢

Clips / cleats.

It is a clipless pedal.

Yeah, the cleat is just the piece on the sole of your shoe that clips into the pedal.

And on that note, I have a friend that calls them "clicks" instead of cleats, cause you know, they click into your pedal..

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the cleat is just the piece on the sole of your shoe that clips into the pedal.

And on that note, I have a friend that calls them "clicks" instead of cleats, cause you know, they click into your pedal..

Then it must be a "click" ....  :D  :D  :D

Mentioned many times but I have to again, probably the most overused as well. Shock or front shocks.... Referring to a fork. Ek kan nie....

Edited by Wimmas

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On Facebook Market there is a Canon Dale for sale

I've seen tires listed as 'Maxx is'

Perhaps due to autocorrect.

Motorbike-related, but fits the topic...

Late last week, customer called, looking for a Doohickey for his KLR 650; this part has no real name globally, so most EVERYONE calls its Doohickey....

Very Afrikaans salesman is puzzled as to what a Doohickey IS, so I tell him it’s American for a ‘Thingamabob’, but he does not know what a ‘Thingamabob’ is either - fair enough - so I tell him a Doohickey ( in American-English) is a ‘DINGES’ in Afrikaans (small part either having no name or else you cannot remember the name...)

Instant light-bulb moment, big grins all round!