Things you've heard people call parts or equipment

DR ◣◢

To keep with the snobbery,

Okes that say they drink coffee only to find out it is instant. Then they try be fancy and say it's some ex president or douw eggbeater brand. 

Unless it's freshly roasted beans that you have just ground, don't bother talking to me.

:ph34r:  :whistling:

Few years back a friend was a distributor for fresh ground coffee .... and so it happened that we made a pot of coffee on the camp fire.

I thought he was getting a hart attack when I asked for milk .....

apparently it borders on blasphemy to add milk to "real coffee" .... silly me ....  :whistling:   :ph34r:

Every so often I will put a pot of coffee on the coals .... purely for the aroma of the coffee.  I LOVE the aroma of nice coffee .... but dont like the bitter taste of very strong coffee ....

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or a drive chain......

Drive chain is actually a very good term and is an engineering term. Chains are used for all sorts of things including timing of mechanical systems (like the camshaft timing chain) or for conveying goods up slopes e.g. ore on mines.

Few years back a friend was a distributor for fresh ground coffee .... and so it happened that we made a pot of coffee on the camp fire.

apparently it borders on blasphemy to add milk to "real coffee" .... silly me ....  :whistling:   :ph34r:

Every so often I will put a pot of coffee on the coals .... purely for the aroma of the coffee.  I LOVE the aroma of nice coffee .... but dont like the bitter taste of very strong coffee ....

Try different beans. 

Previous company had bean to cup machine, we were spoilt.

Started at the new place on Monday, their idea of coffee is a tin of frisco in the kitchen.

I no longer drink coffee at work.

Think I am an anomaly. We a have a fancy bean to cup  machine with all bells and whistles at work and I use instant coffee  :blush:

Coffee is like wine... Drink it how you like it. If that means with soda, ice in your red wine, whatever.

Much like a lot of this thread, snobs will scorn you, but who actually cares? If you ike milk and sugar in your legal drug then drink it with milk and sugar.

It's still a drug no matter how you dress it up. Being told how to eat/drink something is backwards snobbery. 

Wear pink and red, leopard print and tiger stripes, black and brown... Dip your chips in Mayo and tomato sauce, put milk in your coffee and eat your sushi with a fork. In the end it doesn't matter

Much like a lot of this thread, snobs will scorn you, but who actually cares? 

Wear pink and red, leopard print and tiger stripes, black and brown... Dip your chips in Mayo and tomato sauce, put milk in your coffee and eat your sushi with a fork. In the end it doesn't matter

That's all fine, but draw the line at wearing Crocs with socks... 

People who refer to Shitmano as Shimano  :ph34r:

I do and always will do so. I  can only afford Sh!tmano and it grates me that I can't afford better but so be it. Road is much better than MTB though.